Monday, August 24, 2009

Do the [Obligatory] Hustle

Happy(ish) Monday! Reading Betsy's post has just reminded me all over again how much I miss her and her snark. Couple that with my cynicism and you have...um...two bitches? But we love each other and we're also hilarious and awesome (and we know it). Now that you've met my partner in crime and you know she's not a figment of my imagination or an apparition or anything supernatural, onto my nails. Another Disco Brite! I can't get enough, seriously. Hustle is a vibrant purple creme that leans way toward the blue side. Although it is a creme, the consistency of this color is almost jelly-like. It's a little hard to describe. Even with three coats of it the color looks a little watery, but that's just the nature of the polish. It's really gorgeous. Application on this one wasn't as smooth as the others I've tried. The first coat went on like watercolor paint. Ack. The second coat left me with cuticle drag. Ack! The third coat left me with insanely awesome nails. ACK! I mean YAY! The third coat was pretty thick because I was getting a little peeved, but it dried really quickly with one coat of Seche Vite. Behold:


This was inside near a window. It's a pretty good representation of the color, actually. Late afternoon light.


Uhh, weird perspective, but what can I say? I'm an artiste. Outside in the sun.


Here's the bottle, with my lovely painted thumb for comparison. Very, very pretty. Doesn't this color kind of remind you of the top of a ziploc container? It doesn't? Well it should. Come on. Look.


I knew you'd see it my way eventually. That container lid is clean, by the way. The water is from having just been washed.


Also, I thought I would update that I was extremely impressed with the wear time of Dance Studio (pictured in the Friday, August 21st post). I had it on for almost three days and I only had a teeny bit of tip wear. No chips or anything. Let me tell you, I put this polish through a lot: a couple baths, a shower, rigorous hair washing, and scrubbing dishes. I was even a little sad to remove it, which is weird for me because I usually paint my nails daily. I think I'll wear Dance Studio often in the fall. One of my friends was looking for a good dark blue or navy for autumn and I really think this fits the bill. Speaking of fall, it was only 68 degrees here yesterday. I needed a sweater (luckily I just bought a really cute metallic-y one from H&M). YAY! I love snuggling up under blankets when it's chilly outside :D


I don't think I'll wear Hustle for quite as long, so I should be back pretty soon with another Disco Brite. Also, I think I'm going to Ulta today. I was there recently and they were having a buy two get one free for Orly, which means the new Orly Fairy Tale collection is probably due out really soon. Weee!


Steff

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous that you're going to Ulta!! Thanks for the rec on the navy blue. I'll have to find Hustle somehow...somewhere. :) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!