Friday, August 21, 2009

Morning Manicure

I think I may have managed a semi-decent picture with my iPhone! This morning I woke up and decided that I wanted to try another L.A. Girl Disco Brite. I chose Dance Studio, a dark blue creme that is somehow also...bright. My hands look really dry here, probably because this is after I used a ton of acetone but before I put on lotion. Anyway, check out Dance Studio:

Ahhh, isn't this gorgeous? I filed my nails all the way down before I put this one on. I just love dark polish on short nails. This isn't an "almost black" blue. It's definitely discernibly blue in all lights, but in sunlight it just POPS.

I'm wondering how close this polish is to Rescue Beauty Lounge Dead Calm. You can see the Polish Addict's swatch of that color here. Just for good measure, here's a bottle picture:

I think Dead Calm is probably more navy and less vibrant than Dance Studio. I don't own any Rescue Beauty Lounge because they're pretty expensive ($18!). I've heard they apply really well, though, and most of them only require two coats for full coverage and opacity. I think I'd be more likely to buy them if I could find them somewhere like Sephora. I hate ordering stuff online. Paying shipping sucks.

Anyway, if you haven't been convinced yet to go get yourself some L.A. Girl Disco Brites...go find them! The colors are stunning and vibrant...but I still have three more to show you! Love, love, love them.

EDIT**
I went outside to take some pictures (read: I went outside to get life-juice, aka coffee, and ended up taking pictures) and I think I got a couple good ones of what Dance Studio looks like in sunlight. There are big, poofy clouds here today, so I had to be quick to get any sunlight. It seemed like whenever I opened up the camera on my phone the sun went away.

Ah, truly gorgeous polish. I. Am. In. Love. That is all (I think).

Steff

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steph! Wow! I'm loving your blog! Thanks for the invite. I have Dead Calm and I think it's a teeny bit darker. That is a really pretty blue. When I bought it they were having a 50% off sale, so I bought 3 RBLs. I can't pay $18 for one polish either!! Your phone takes really good pics. Ok, I'm gonna read your other posts! Mind if I put you on my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, please do put me on your blogroll! And thanks for commenting :D I wonder if RBL will have another similar sale sometime soon. I really want me some No More War. I saw on your blog (a while ago) that you layered a sheer green Sally Hansen Xtreme over Dead Calm. I really loved the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have No More War too!! I absolutely LOVE it. It's really ugly lol! I want those extremely glittery ones and the new blogger ones look good. I just can't pay that much even though I'll spend twice that much on a bunch of beauty store polishes. The formula of RBL is perfect though. You can count on it. Ok, adding you to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!