Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dry, Up, Keep 'em Comin'

Bad mood. Long-ass workday. What would be better than a dry martini? I'll tell you: Mac Dry Martini from Jin Soon Choi's fall/winter 2009 line. I got this polish quite a while ago, maybe in mid-July. I decided that I didn't want to use it until it was officially fall and now that it is...yay! Before I show you Dry Martini I want to show you the polishes that came in the mail yesterday from Niki of Magic Maid--the entire Wet n Wild Craze collection. These pictures are a little jankity, I took them last night after work in semi-darkness. Check 'em out.



Thanks so much Niki! And such timely arrival, too.

Now on to Dry Martini. This was my first Mac polish so I didn't really know much about the formula. From what I do know, they do have a good polish reputation. I really like the fall 2009 collection but I don't think I'll get any of the other ones because I don't love them. When I saw Dry Martini swatched on other blogs I knew it was uglypretty enough that I just had to have it. Anyway, when I did the first coat I thought, "ew. Baby poo." But the second coat makes it looks like a dark army green, just a little darker than an olive. I really like it. It's overcast here today, but here it is.


And here it is by some moss. Kind of similar, right?

That's all I have for you today. I am one tired girl. I don't think I'll be able to stay up for Project Runway tonight. Maybe I'll tape it. God, how 90s does that sound? I wish I had Tivo.

6 comments:

  1. I want Dry Martini but I think I might have loads of others like it. I'm just wondering if there's a dupe to it. I do love the color! Looks great on you. I also got the WetnWild Craze collection. Haven't tried any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy :) I'm actually not sure if there's a dupe for this color. The closest one I can think of is Rescue Beauty Lounge's No More War, which I unfortunately don't have (I'm going to hit up my lovely boyfriend for some RBL for my birthday). I believe that No More War is much greener than this color, though. If you think you have a dupe for it then please share! I'd be interested to know.

    And thanks so much for commenting. We love comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the nails, wish i liked martinis...i'm more of a tequila kinda girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do like this! Haha, I'd been waffling over it, I haven't ever plunked down the money for a MAC polish, though who knows why, I spend enough on polish. Haha. It looks really cool on you, and JUST LIKE that moss! I also am wondering if this is close to OCC's Swamp Thing. Maybe it's somewhere in between that and No More War. They're all cool looking, judging from swatches!
    Rambling. So glad you got your package! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dry Martini looks ok to me, I don't think that I am going to get it. Can't wait to see swatches of the Wet 'n Wild!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niki, I don't have any OCC :( I'm such a flake about brands you have to order online. I'm a cheapie and I don't want to pay shipping. I want Wasabi and Blackboard (I think that's what it's called) though! And I know Betsy has wanted Dangerous for a long time.

    Gildedangel, I'll make sure to wear a couple of the Wet n Wilds in the next few days. I did do a post on Shield, one I'd had previously. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!