Monday, September 21, 2009

Nail Junkie

Monday again. FYI, Mad Men was epic last night. If you're not watching that show, you need to. It's the best advice I'll ever give you. Okay, so nails. I've been kind of down lately, to be honest. The manicure I did the other day with the Wet n Wild bar glitter kind of perked me up a little, but it was chipping so it was time to change it. I actually considered re-doing that manicure. Yeah, that's how much I liked it. Instead of doing that I decided on another glitter.

Nail Junkie is part of the new Sinful Colors permanent collection. A while ago Sinful came out with a few new colors and I picked up most of them. There are a few glitters but I'm not a huge fan of glitter so I wasn't going to get any. But then I spotted Nail Junkie. The polish itself is, to me at least, unremarkable. It's different sized glitter (looks like green, gold and blue) suspended in very sheer turquoise jelly. When I looked at the name of the polish, though, I couldn't resist it: Nail Junkie. Perfect! At only $1.99 I felt like I could afford to buy it even if I didn't love it. I again used my trusty one-coat black, Rimmel Black Satin, and over that two coats of Nail Junkie. It's completely overcast here today. It was also hard for me to photograph this glitter. I discovered my phone actually does a better job focusing on it than my camera.

I really like this, especially over the black. Huge fan. I know I'm going to have to like, sandblast this off, though. Oh well. I'll probably keep it on for a couple days.

Sorry about the little cut on my thumb. I've discovered that espresso machines bite. On the bright side my nails finally look better, length-wise.

I decided that Nail Junkie kind of reminds me of mermaids. It would have been a good addition to the $OPI Mermaid collection this past spring. I can see the colors in this poster/playbill.

Also, sea glass.

So yeah, hopefully this sparkly manicure will cheer me up. It's another day off for me and I don't know what to do with myself. It's a good feeling :D

[Mermaid and glass pictures from blogs.targetx.com and naturalseaglass.com, respectively]

2 comments:

  1. I love Nail Junkie, looks gorgeous over black. I always freak out about how sheer Sinful Colors are. I should always layer them. I buy them because they are pretty and cheap. I buy what I like mostly. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, I myself am a huge fan of Sinful Colors. I have a ton of them. Some are pretty sheer and some aren't. It's kind of the luck of the draw, but for only $1.99, I say why not gamble a little. Nail Junkie is fun. I got a few compliments on it. I kind of want to try it over white, too. I think I might be in a bit of a glitter phase.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!