Friday, September 25, 2009

Neons for Fall? Oh My.

Yeah, that's right. Straight up 90s neon pink. Think Lisa Turtle. Think Fresh Prince. Think awesome. Hehe, Saved by the Bell.


I think it's funny that all summer I totally stayed away from the neons but when Essie put out a neon pink in their Cuddle With Color collection I had to have it. Let me just reiterate how much I love this collection: a lot. The combination of the neons with the sultry, warm, vampy fall shades is completely awesome. Win.

Anyway, before I show you Pink Parka (love the name) I unfortunately have to report that Dry Martini chipped on me. Many times within less than 24 hours. I do a lot of work with my hands so I don't expect polish to last forever on me, but I expect it to last a full day. Dry Martini failed the test. OPI and Essie usually do well while I'm at work. Also, I have a day off tomorrow so I wanted something really fun.

Neons are difficult to photograph. I had to use weird camera settings to get the color anywhere near where it should be, so the pictures turned out kind of blurry--I even used a night portrait setting where the shutter stays open longer. Yeah, I'm that dedicated. So Pink Parka is a neon bubblegum pink. It's happy and I love it. Unfortunately it is overcast yet again here in Pleasantville, but take a look. The first picture is pretty color accurate. The second one gives you an idea of the weird things cameras do to neons. It looks WAY too purple.

So yeah, I'm really enjoying this polish. I got it at Ulta and it was sitting next to Punchy Pink and some other neon pink, and I'm gonna be honest...I could hardly tell the difference. Oh well. It's fun. K, see you guys Monday! Maybe Betsy will have something fun for you to look at this weekend :D

4 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous neon pink on you. I don't think of neon for winter. Not everyone live in a part of th country that has Fall weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bright! But I have an unnatural attraction to neon pinks. Haha. I love it on you! Haha, it is early 90's neon, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!

    Lucy, I'm too much of a midwest girl to even realize that not everyone in the country has fall weather. Good point, well taken. Also, I feel sorry for those people. I can't wait to wear my trench coat.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!