Saturday, September 12, 2009

Never Blend In: Welcome Back Color

Pretty bad day yesterday. Epically bad day. Bad day for the record books. Daniel Powter times twelve. I need something to make me feel better and since retail therapy isn't exactly an option (and neither is sedation) I've chosen blogging. Part of me wants to make this short and sweet, but if you read this you probably already know that I'm long-winded so short and sweet isn't really viable.

Remember this post where I showed you a couple of Milani polishes with differently shaped glitter? Well, I went back and got the rest of them. Actually I did leave one there. It was a medium pink and I didn't feel like I needed it. Through research I've learned that this is the Welcome Back Color collection and that each glitter has a corresponding creme shade. That's kind of an interesting concept, I guess. And I guess that I've only seen half the collection, then. Oh well. Anyway, in the interest of cheering myself up I decided to go ahead and paint my nails all different colors. This serves the two-fold purpose of showing you what these babies look like. Of course I only have five fingers on each hand and I have seven colors to show you, so I left out the light pink and the green which you can see in my post linked above. Here are all of them, sitting nice and pretty.

And here's my finished left hand in the shade. From thumb to pinky the colors are: Glittering Coral, Flashy Orange, Gaudy Yellow (what a great name), Sparkling Blue and Shimmering Purple.

And in the sun.

Glittering Coral was actually my surprise favorite. It has been on my toes now for about a week. Maybe it just works with my skin tone or something, but I really like it. Sparkling Blue totally reminds me of Grover. Right? Anyone? Bueller?

Anyway, after I did this and took pictures of my hand I realized it reminded me of something. I thought about it for a little while and finally got it: a t-shirt I have. In July I visited my friend Aimee in Columbus and she took me to a really cool vintage shop, Flowerchild. If you're in the area you should check it out. I looked through racks of vintage tees forever determined to find something awesome as a souvenir. Finally I came across a shirt I couldn't pass up, and here it is.

The front is enough awesome, but then on the back it says "Milk," as in Harvey. This shirt was ridiculously overpriced at close to $17 but I couldn't pass it up. I'm basically in love with it. In fact, I'm wearing it right now. Doesn't that picture of my manicure remind you of the shirt? Come on, it totally does.

Well, that did cheer me up a little bit. I do so love my nail polish. Okay, until next time.

[Grover picture courtesy of gothamist.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!