Thursday, October 01, 2009

Deep Red Sneaker Head

Good morning guys. Okay, today I'm trying to make up for the crappy job I did matching my bar glitter to Shower Together. Next time I know to leave Shower Together naked, as it should be (haha?). Today I've got another China Glaze for you, Sneaker Head from the summer 2009 Kicks collection. I think Kicks was fantastic. A lot of the shades weren't terribly unique, but all of them were gorgeous. Sneaker Head is a bright, happy cherry red. I'm a big fan of this color. I've worn it one other time, over the 4th of July. Here it is, naked.

I really like this color against my pale skin. I feel like it's a little bit toned down, maybe a little bit pinker, compared to a true red creme like my beloved Essie Lacquered Up. But much like yesterday, I just couldn't leave well enough alone. I think these sparkles turned out a lot better. First, here are bottle pictures of Sneaker Head and the glitter I used, Sinful Colors Deep Red Ocean.

Deep Red Ocean really floats my boat (alright, alright, I'll stop with the puns now). I saw it at the drug store when I was there the other night and couldn't resist it because it has flakies in it as well as different sizes of round glitter, all suspended in reddish pink jelly polish. I only did one coat of Deep Red Ocean because I kind of liked the randomness it gave me with the flakies. I think if I had done two, maybe even three, there also would have been a really, really cool effect. Maybe next time. In this next picture the bottle is almost completely dark because of the way I was facing the sun, but it made the polish look like it's glowing somehow inside the bottle. I thought it was cool.

Cool effect. Here's another picture so it's easier to see the glitter on my nails.

I love this. I'm so glad I got Deep Red Ocean. It's my only polish with flakies in it; maybe I'll invest in more.

And now for a little news. I don't know if you guys have heard, but one of my favorite polish brands, LA Girl, has come out with mattes. And they're not just releasing three mattes at a time or something like that; they have sixteen mattes available on their website. Sixteen! That's amazing. I haven't seen any of these in stores, but the only places I know of that sell this brand are Forever21 and Urban Outfitters. I hope I'll see them somewhere soonish, because I am so against paying shipping for stuff...unless I feel like I really need it :)

That's all for today. I can't believe the week is almost over. Oh, and I almost forgot...happy October! If you didn't rabbit rabbit, don't forget to tibbar tibbar before bed.

4 comments:

  1. Oooo, I love it with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa 16 mattes!! haha i'm still not into the mattes just yet. BTW, the shirt on fb post looks gorgeous, would totally work with a turtleneck. I am watching platinum weddings w/o you...I think it's an episode that we've seen together tho...lol LOVe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Platinum Weddings so much! Those bitches is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way to 16 mattes. I'm trying to ignore that. Just use a matte topcoat. Love that red on you. Very pretty. Sinful Colors has some nice flakies.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!