Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween Pumpkin Glitter

Good morning. My second Halloween manicure is a little bit different. I knew I wanted to use one of the drugstore glitters that I got over the weekend, and I thought that perhaps I should use it over something that's not black. I thought about it for a while and finally decided to use my beloved OPI You Don't Know Jacques from the 2008 fall Collection de France. I don't need to lavish praise on this polish; the blogging community has done enough of that for me already. We all know that OPI is trying to milk all it can out of this unique color; the company has already released two other versions of this color, You Don't Know Jacques Matte and You Don't Know Jacques Suede, which I showed you here. I wasn't a fan of the OPI Mattes so I didn't buy any of them, and from swatches I've seen, I kind of thought YDKJ Matte was a big fat fail. It looks like dried mud. The original polish, though, is really amazing.

I used two coats of the OPI, let dry, and put on some Halloween bar glitter. Because these bits of bar glitter aren't really straight, they kind of look like confetti. This polish doesn't have a name, as far as I can tell. The bottle is made to look like a pumpkin and its bottom says "Pumpkin Nail Enamel." I needed two coats of Seche Vite to make this manicure feel even remotely smooth, and I can tell that this is going to be a pain in the ass to remove. So, here it is.

I actually quite like this. It would have been nice over black, yes, but then we wouldn't have been able to see the black bar glitter. I think it still looks Halloweeny. Any opinions?

4 comments:

  1. I like it! It is a very cute bar glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed this up only because I bought ChG Fortune teller. I did get the grey holo and I love it. Hoe cute are these bottles though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute bottles! I have similar ones for Christmastime; they look like snowman heads, and the caps are little hats. I love holiday-themed stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got this little cutie also. Oh no, they have them for Christmas! I hope they have red & green glitters. Some nice bar glitters inred & green would be nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!