Wednesday, October 07, 2009

One Martini, Two Martini...

Good morning, legions of faithful readers. I have one of my very favorite polishes to show you today, and also one of the cheapest in my stash. Let me first preface by saying that I was quite impressed with the wear of China Glaze Fortune Teller. I had it on for almost three days and I did a lot with my hands during those days. I also added a coat of Essie Matte About You to it and it looked gorgeous. I did take a picture but it was so crappy that I just can't bring myself to post it. It has been an extremely rainy and overcast week here in Pleasantville, so I haven't had many opportunities for picture-taking. Ah, boy do I love fall. Removing Fortune Teller was a serious pain. I haven't had too much of an issue with the other glitters I've worn in the past few days, but this glitter was like, fused to my nails. Oh well, worth it.

So, my nails for today are gorgeous and lovely and yay. I used a dollar store gem that I got way earlier in the summer while I was out shopping with my grandma. I don't have many dollar store polishes because most of the dollar stores around here aren't very well stocked with beauty products. This was the only polish in the beauty section, and when I saw it I knew it had to be mine. At about $1.08 (with tax) this polish is probably the cheapest in my considerably large stash.

L'Oreal Paris Wear Extraordinaire in Martini Olive is a lovely shimmery olive green with a healthy amount of gold thrown in. It's not quite a duochrome, but I feel like it looks golder at some angles. According to the bottle it has a "perle" finish, but sometimes it looks like a metallic. No brush strokes, though!

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a near-dupe for OPI At Your Quebec and Call. I don't have that color but I do want it. I'll find it sooner or later and then I'll be able to do a comparison.

I'm pretty much in love with this polish. It sort of reminds me of antique brass or something. I have tomorrow off and I think I might go get my nails done. I need someone to file them straight for once and take care of my cuticles. We'll see. That's all for now.

4 comments:

  1. you got l'oreal nailpolish for $1?? You go girl! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous on you. I love this shade of olive green. Lucky to have found this one.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!