Monday, October 19, 2009

Paint Me Pinta

Holy crap, another week is starting. Where did the weekend go? I ended up really loving the No-Name Hot Topic polish. I got a few compliments while I was at work yesterday. Today I decided to use a polish that has been sitting in my box of untrieds for quite a while, Zoya Pinta. Pinta is part of the fall 2009 Dare collection and is really, really stunning. It's a deep, dark purple that I thought might be one of those almost-black colors. It's not. At least to me, it's discernibly purple in all lights. It reminds me a little bit of OPI Lincoln Park After Dark, but it's a lot less eggplanty and lighter altogether.

Of course, as with all purples, I had a really hard time capturing this one. I had early morning sunlight for the first time in like three weeks, so I tried to take advantage of it (without going outside, because my atomic clock tells me it's 38 degrees out there right now). I'm just going to throw out some pictures now and narrate a little afterward.



Like I said, not remotely color accurate. The first and last pictures are too dark, although in the last picture the color in the bottle looks pretty much how the color looks on the nail in natural light. I have no idea how that happened. In the middle picture the purple really came out. The best advice I can give you guys is to get this color yourselves. It's really gorgeous and I can see myself wearing this through the winter. That's all for today. I hope everyone is surviving Monday...

3 comments:

  1. I wish that purples photographed better. Your nails are gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!