Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Don't Just Stand There, Bust a Move

Today is a good day. It's almost Thanksgiving, which means some much needed time off work. We have 20 followers (yay!). And it's Steff's birthday! What a glorious, glorious day. Well, unless you were caught in a gross, cold deluge of rain today. But other than that, glorious!

For today, I have what is probably a fairly standard color, but it hit all the right buttons for me, I guess, and I LOVE it. China Glaze's Let's Groove, from the Retro Diva collection, is vampy purple with about half red shimmer and half blue, although the allover base is a more red-tinged purple. Which is my favorite kind of purple. Like I said, it probably has some dupes, or dupe-esque colors out there, but I don't care. Maybe this is how others felt about last post's CG Fifth Avenue, which I so abused. But I just couldn't stop staring at this color. It's really really rich looking. I think it actually looked best wet, if that makes sense. I wish I could, unmessily of course, just wear it like that all day. Luscious. Like one of those Harper's or Vogue editorials where they drench a model's fingers in nail polish, so it's all wet and dripping and shine-tastic. Oh who am I kidding, that's much more Miss Tyra than Ms Wintour.

Some bloggers complained that it didn't photograph well which, it didn't. I noticed a lot of complaints that it photo'd blue, which is pretty common. But while the base color may be pretty red-tinged, there is definitely blue shimmer mixed in with the red. I'm not crazy. I swear, it's there. So the blue in photos isn't entirely off base. Sadly, on top of it being a kind of difficult shade to capture, the photos were taken during YET ANOTHER bout of sunless-ness. Like seriously, I love fall and winter, and normally couldn't care less if I don't see the sun again until April. But this is insane, and it's messing with the blog. This, I cannot stand for.

Anyway, "pictures."





Ugh, they're so gross. Whatever. You can definitely see the blue shine through in the blurred pictures.

Application was great. Not too thick, and yet it covered completely in one coat. Love love love. Plus, I got it on sale at Sally's Beauty for $3, so that's always wonderful.

Happy early Thanksgiving all!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Steff!

    What a pretty polish, that color looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one. I wasn't a huge fan of Retro Diva in general, though. Good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shade of polish. Looks gorgeous on you. I know what you mean about the wet polish. There were a few that I liked better wet than dry.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!