Friday, November 06, 2009

Forget It, Jake. It's Chinatown.

HAPPY FRIDAY! And this time it really is for me because I don't have to work at all this weekend! Ah, joy. Today I have a polish brand for you that I've never really paid much attention to, N.Y.C. New York Color, a quick dry drugstore polish. I know that N.Y.C. has come out with a bunch of relatively new polishes, all named after New York neighborhoods. They also changed the design of their bottles (for the better, I think).

N.Y.C. Chinatown is hard to describe. It's kind of a dark grayed out and muted purple, but with tons and tons of shimmer. Really, it's gorgeous. Yesterday afternoon when I painted my nails I was kind of racing the setting sun and it was a bit of a fail sauce on my part. I took a picture, but wasn't able to capture the color accurately. Here it is anyway.

Here's another one I took under a lamp to try to showcase the shimmer. You can kind of tell it's sparkly.

Today I took a few more in good, strong sunlight but I didn't have the bottle with me. Please excuse the tipwear. And my car keys.


I have to say...I'm impressed. This is a pretty unique color; maybe it has some sort of higher end dupe? I don't know. I'm definitely liking it, especially because it's not one of those almost-blacks. Indoors I can still tell that it's purple. At $1.99 how can you pass this up? I'll have to check out a few more N.Y.C. shades sometime soon.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. That is a nice color! I like it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own any of this brand. I've seen many pretty shades though. I'll have to try it. Looks pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!