Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Have A Holly Jolly...Thanksgiving?

As Betsy can tell you, I always get kind of irate right after Halloween. It shocks me when I walk into my local drugstore and all the delightful severed heads and spider webs are gone only to have been replaced by cute snowmen and and Christmas cards. Don't get me wrong; I love Christmas. I love this time of year in general. I just feel like it's a little bit too early to start celebrating.

I was thinking about this just last night (after I saw a commercial that told me Disney's A Christmas Carol is coming out this Friday. geez), and that's why I thought it was funny that I decided to use a polish from a Christmas collection. In my defense, I was dead tired last night and I had only a few polishes within arms' reach. Most of them were Halloweeny. I ended up choosing Holly from the Wet n Wild Festive Flirt collection. I'm honestly not sure what made me buy this polish, but I'm really glad I did. It's a deep red with blue in its base (I think) with red glitter. As soon as I put it on I liked it. It was dark in my house, though, so I had to wait until this morning to see it in decent lighting. It's pretty.



I only used two coats here; I probably could have used three, but I don't think it was a big deal. The only problem I have with these polishes is the price. $1.99 for a Wet n Wild mini (.29 fl oz) is a little steep. Even the Craze Collection was .33 fl oz. Something tells me I'll still end up buying more of these, though. I have one more to show you closer to Christmas.

Happy November, guys!

4 comments:

  1. That is a pretty red! I may have to go back to Rite-Aid to pick this up!

    I've had Xmas displays up and merched since September. Been selling so well that I worry if I'll have enough inventory for the month of December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing now too! SOPI shopping frenzy! I love your color too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas stuff gets put out earlier every year. I hate that the holiday seasons are pushed so soon. Love the nail polish even if it is a Christmas polish.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!