Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Nice Healthy Glow

Today somehow all the colors in my stash were looking kind of blah. How is that possible? I ended up just choosing one I thought you guys would like to see. Pictures first, opinions second.




The first three pictures are near a window; the last picture is a little further away from the window (Raven is being Stretchy-Cat McGee in that second picture). This is Holiday Glow from the new OPI Holiday Wishes collection. It's a dark brownish plum color absolutely packed with gold glitter. It still has a nice glittery effect indoors, which is definitely a plus. I'm sure it would be stunning in direct sunlight, but it's gray out today. This kind of strikes me as more of an autumnal shade than a holiday one, but whatever. It's nice. For some reason in that last picture it looks like the polish is dented on my pinkie. It's not. Weird...

The application was kind of odd. I think Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees and Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow both had this kind of thing going on too, but the first coat went on like really thin watercolor paint. I usually don't wait too long between coats with OPI because I don't have to, but I got cuticle drag on the second coat. I waited five minutes between the second and third coats and it was fine. I do quite like this color. I'm into the vampies right now. I was so sad to take off All A-Bordeaux the Sled, but it started chipping this morning after six hours at work. Sad panda.

On another note, I've noticed that we've gotten a few more followers. That's awesome! Tell your friends about our little blog, okay? Once we get a nice round number of followers I'm planning on doing a giveaway with some surprise polishes, so please spread the word! You guys are great!

1 comment:

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!