Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Savvy?

Is it Friday yet?

Last night I decided that I needed a nice, bright color for today. I looked through my stash for a while and chose a polish I bought a while ago (a long while), China Glaze Blue Sparrow. Blue Sparrow was part of the 2008 summer INK collection, which was tattoo-themed. I'm not a fan of the collection as a whole, but I do have and like Flying Dragon. Both Blue Sparrow and Flying Dragon are neon glitters. As we know, neons dry matte. This combined with the glitter gives these polishes a seriously weird gritty feeling. It's nothing a nice coat of Seche Vite can't fix. I'm not sure why China Glaze felt like these had to dry matte, but whatever. Who doesn't wear topcoat, anyway?



Sun, sun, shade, respectively. I love this polish. I'm not usually much for blue, but wow. I love how, with topcoat, it looks like a jelly finish. The blue glitter is beautiful; it looks like it's frozen inside the polish, somehow. Seriously, in love. It's just too beautiful. I'm sure it'll be a serious pain in the ass to remove, though. I'm anticipating smurf fingers.

Some cute examples of the polish's namesake.


Kitschy and cliche, but I'm a sucker for basically all bird images, so I love them. Alright, until next time!

[tattoo images from http://www.eviltattoo.com/sparrow15.html and http://www.zhippo.com/hopetattooHOSTED/images/gallery/sparrow.jpg]

2 comments:

  1. I was kind of on the fence about this polish in the bottle, but you just clinched it. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!