Thursday, November 26, 2009

Smitten!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! My house in Pleasantville is all abuzz with activity this morning. My mom and dad got up early to start on the turkey and stuffing and I got up early to go get my grandma so she could watch the parade at our house. While I was driving over to her house I took pictures of my manicure at red lights. Safely...of course. BY THE BY: Ulta was having a huge sale yesterday. China Glaze, Essie and OPI were buy two, get one free, and Orly was buy one get one 50% off. I ended up getting three OPI polishes: Dazzled By Gold, an Ulta holiday exclusive (yes Betsy, I got it!), Sapphire in the Snow, and Smitten With Mittens (cutest name ever?). I'm usually not much for red polish, but Smitten With Mittens was just so nice and sparkly that it just called out to me. It's a little similar to Ruby Pumps, but I think the base color is much darker. OPI describes it as a burgundy, but I disagree with that. It's just a blood red with gold and red glitter; the gold glitter shows up much better in the bottle than on the nail, but it's still absolutely beautiful.


Pretty and very festive for the holidays, I think. I never want to wear red polish, but when I finally have it on I always love it.

So, my grandma is 86 years old and I see her probably twice a week. My grandfather died pretty recently so she's alone; I try to be with her as much as I can. Anyway, she always notices my nail polish and she brought me a birthday present this morning. Check it out.

Ohmigod. I squealed with glee. A treasure trove of drug store polish. Sinful Colors, Sally Hansen, and Revlon. She said she had to go to Walgreens four times to collect these for me. HOW CUTE. And the contents therein:


My boyfriend being odd in the background. He hadn't had his coffee yet; it happens.

Isn't she the cutest? SHOCKINGLY, she only gave me one color I already have, that pink glittery one...can't remember the name. She gave me Sinful Colors San Francisco which I hadn't bought yet, and a great Sinful retro-looking red. Hee. Loves it.

And here are two pictures from Fallingwater: one of me in front of the house (yes, only I would wear tights, a dress and pearls to the Pennsylvania wilderness...) and the iconic view.


Alright, that's enough picture spam. I hope all of you guys have a great Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. That is so thoughtful of your grandmother; she has great taste in nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Grandmother. Great taste in polish. OMG a Frank Lloyd Wright house. Fallingwater! How lucky to be able to be there.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!