Monday, November 16, 2009

Two Flakies With One Stone

Ugh, another Monday. At least it's almost Thanksgiving-time...that's something to look forward to. I have two polishes to show you today. I didn't wear the first one for too long because I think my Seche Vite has gone a little retarded. After like two hours I bumped my thumb into something and all the polish wrinkled and was pushed back. Ew, no thank you. That polish was OPI Merry Midnight, a shade that has garnered a lot of buzz recently. After I removed Merry Midnight I put All A-Bordeaux the Sled back on with the intention of wearing it for a couple days. Alas, foiled. I ended up cleaning my grandmother's refrigerator last night, which completely ruined my vamptastic manicure, so I decided to use the other flakie polish from the Holiday Wishes collection, Shim-Merry Chic. I have those two little merries to show you today.

As everybody probably knows, Merry Midnight is a red-based purple with blue glitter and either red or orange flakies that flash green. It's a really cool color, and it doesn't seem OPI-ish at all. I wore this one on Saturday because it was sunny out and I thought I'd be able to get a good picture.



Most people seem to love this one. I like it, especially because it's not necessarily a "holiday" type color, so it won't be weird to wear it at other times during the year. Unfortunately I didn't have great light today for Shim-Merry Chic, but I'll show you anyway. It's a caramel-colored polish with green (I think) glitter and red flakies.


For me, the jury is still out on this one. I'm not sure if I'm loving the color with my skin tone. Props to OPI, though, for releasing some unexpected colors. I now have four colors from the Holiday Wishes collection, and I'm kind of eyeing Sapphire in the Snow. I also saw three Ulta exclusive colors--a red glitter (seriously, another red glitter?), a purple glitter, and a gold glitter. I don't remember the names of any of them, but I'm interested in the gold. Ack, my wallet is not happy.

Alright, so what do you guys think about these?

2 comments:

  1. I like all of these shades. The reds I don't want. I probably have many that match them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Merry Midnight! I am not getting any of the others from this collection though.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!