Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ulta Exclusive Amazingness

Sorry for the sparse posts this week. I've had family in for Thanksgiving and then I had to work on scary Black Friday (when we had no customers). I have what is technically another Christmas polish for you today. It's one of the three OPI Ulta exclusives from this year. I saw it a few weeks ago when I was there for something else and was intrigued by it. Then I saw Scrangie swatch it, and I knew it had to be mine. Dazzled By Gold seems to be a mixture of different gold-colored glitter particles. Maybe there's some silver thrown in too. I almost can't handle how awesome this is.


CRAZY AMAZING, right? I can't believe how much I love this. If you do not have it, get it before it's gone. Actually, when I went to Ulta to get it the entire exclusive display was completely picked over. All that was left was this color. I was surprised, because the red is boring and there are like six reds in the regular Holiday Wishes collection. The purple was okay-looking, but it didn't wow me. I'm glad I snatched this one up. This was three coats, but I didn't have any problems with application. I think this could make a nice glittery topcoat, with just one thin coat (I can has over China Glaze Emerald Sparkle?). At three coats this kind of looks like a foil. I love it. I almost want a back-up bottle...

It also reminds me of those Minx thingies:

I've wanted to give these a go. Are they expensive, I wonder? I've been really, really into gold and silver in my wardrobe lately, but not so much on my nails. Dazzled By Gold totally changed my mind. Right now I'm actually wearing a gold and bronze sparkly H&M cardi, and my mom got me a really amazing suede purse with gold studs for my birthday. Now I have fabulous nails to match. It was about a year ago that Betsy and I were attending her friend's wedding in St. Louis and Betsy was looking all over for a gold cardigan to match her dress. Both of us were baffled as to why there weren't many gold things in the stores, since it was the holiday season. It's back in now, apparently, because I'm seeing gold clothes all over the place. Heart.

Anyway, run, do not walk to your nearest Ulta and pick up this bad boy. You won't be sorry.

[Beyonce image courtesy of http://concreteloop.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/beegoldnails2.jpg]

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty gold! I would pick it up but golds look strange on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golds usually look strange on me too, but they're growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like some great clothes. Now you have a fabulous polish to wear with them.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!