Friday, January 15, 2010

Sapphires and Such

Quickie post today. Quick. Quick like a bunny. Quick like a long-winded bunny who likes to talk about polish a lot.

Ah, here's my little gem. Sapphire in the Snow from the OPI holiday collection. YES, I STILL HAVE HOLIDAY POLISHES I HAVEN'T WORN. Wanna fight about it?

This is full sunlight.

And shade.

So what do you think? I really, really like this, actually. It looks "almost black" indoors, but not as dark as like...Lincoln Park After Dark. I think this almost looks like very, very dark denim. Most people describe it as a "blurple" creme, but I kind of think it's more blue than purple, at least to my eye. The formula on this was incredible. This was two flawless coats, no clean-up. I will definitely wear this again, and I'm not even a huge fan of blues.

Sapphire in the Snow is the last polish I got from the OPI holiday collex. I think it's actually my favorite, too. But...


It doesn't really look like sapphires. I'll forgive you, Suzi. Just this once.

What did you guys think of this collection? Who else loves Sapphire in the Snow? Have a super fantastic weekend! :D

9 comments:

  1. Love that shade of sapphire. I'm adding it to my list of "wants". You even found a little bit of snow. Cute! Looks lovely on you. I'm looking for a blue that isn't black indoors. This sould do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sapphire is my birthstone and I am wearing sapphire earrings right now. The polish looks to purple to be sapphire, I think! But I guess you do get some sapphires that are darker...maybe that's what OPI were going for :D I think the polish is gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool color, I was gonna buy it on TransDesign then they took it off, I guess I was too late :( *cries*

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge fan of this one just because I look weird in those colors. I wish I had the skin tone to pull off more colors like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color too bad my local grocery store doesn't carry this in the Holliday Collection (maybe it was sold out) and ULTA is too far away...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I call for Metro Chic next!!!! Where'd you do your undergraduate?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! This blue looks so good! Btw, thanks for taking part in Let's KOH Away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy, it wasn't so hard to find a bit of snow. We still had fourteen inches of it the day I took this picture!

    Rebecca, I'm jealous of your birthstone. Mine is ugly.

    gildedangel, thanks!

    technopathic, I'm sure you can find it elsewhere. It's bound to pop up on the evil ebay.

    Ange-Marie, I do kind of think dark colors make me look a little dead, but I love them so much that I can't get away from them.

    Citrine, my local grocery store just started carrying the holiday colors so hold out hope!

    witoxicity, no problem. And thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!