Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why Is A Raven Like A Writing Desk?

As promised, today I have OPI Absolutely Alice for you guys. It kind of seems like old news now, doesn't it? A lot of people have been posting about it recently. Pictures first, opinions second.

Natural light

A tad blurry, but I wanted to show that it does become shiny with the addition of topcoat.

Uber-sparkle


Absolutely Alice is basically just a bunch of glitter in a clear base. If it was just blue glitter it would be much less interesting, but there are gold glitter particles in this too, giving it depth and interest. I suppose the colors blue and gold are an allusion to Alice's signature blue dress and blonde hair.


Before I got this polish I had been reading that it took three coats for full opacity. I was hoping that my bottle would be the exception, but alas. Three coats it was. That seems ridiculous to me, considering the density of the glitter. This is going to be awful to remove, too. Too bad it's just so pretty. You'll definitely need a nice thick coat of Seche Vite to get rid of any grittiness. Is Absolutely Alice worth it? Yes, I think so. It's stunning. I can't stop looking down at my hands. If you're on the fence about this polish, don't be. Just buy it. You won't regret it.

So this came in the mail for me yesterday:

Urban Decay Get Baked palette (Twice Baked, Half Baked, Flipside and Baked) with mini 24/7 liner in Bourbon and mini primer potion in Sin.

Eee! Pretty excited. I got this through allcosmeticswholesale.com, and no, I'm not advertising for them or anything, but their customer service was pretty awesome. When I first went there it kind of seemed to me like a shady site, but it's not. I got this for $17.99, which is a pretty good deal.

Tomorrow I'll have Essie Tart Deco for you. The amount of interest I got in it in the comments yesterday really surprised me. I'll probably post later tomorrow afternoon, so stay tuned and check back. Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. I love this polish, and the title of your post made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want the two glitters from the Alice collection. They are the amaze.
    I will have to check out the cosmetics link. I love Urban Decay but don't always heart the price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need that eye shadow palette! squee! I'm passing on the Alice collex. Not my bag, baby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, excited for tart deco! Absolutely Alice looks amazing but I don't know if i'm ready for glitters yet :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for sparkly hands! it's beautiful. You know how I love my blues. :) And I hope you are wearing the Get Baked Palette today! I am wearing Asphyxia over a dark base. I <3 it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Alice makes me wish I wasn't poor haha. I might have to just buy it anyway. And Mad as a Hatter. RAWR I WANT THEM SO BAD. I'm super excited for Tart Deco!! I've been wearing Locavore for days now and I'm still in love with it. It looks like Mardi Gras had a little too much to drink and threw up on my nails. (ew? or awesome?)

    Have a lovely day guuurl.

    ~Kelsea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried mine out today - both glitters, and I couldn't seem to get a good focussed shot on them! I suppose it's because they're so blingy. (That was a technical reason, haha!) But whew, are they gorgeous? It seems they suit everyone, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!