Flower: Daisies are my favorite flower. I especially like the white ones, but I like colorful Gerbera daisies, too.
Food: I'm especially fond of Indian food. That's tough on a no-carb diet, but I've found that most Tandoori chicken is okay to eat.
Books: I used to read a lot, but I don't so much anymore. My favorite book is probably Wuthering Heights, but I also love Brave New World. I read Loving Frank recently, and that was good. I'm reading Into Thin Air now. I read that one once before but I recently became interested in the crazy people who attempt to summit Everest. I am into non-fiction lately. A Delacroix biography is next on my list.
Clothes: My favorite things to wear are dresses. I have a lot of them. I haven't gotten to wear them lately because I've been working so much, but whenever I have a day off you'll find me in tights, high-heeled booties and a printed dress. Here is the latest addition to my collection: an art deco-looking sweater dress from H&M.
Shoes: My favorite shoes are these Unlisted ankle booties I got at DSW two years ago for $29.99 (wearing them in above picture!). I wear them almost every day. I think they have three inch heels, so they're pretty easy to walk in.
Baked goods/pastry: Hm. Probably macaroons from Laduree. I remember being partial to the amaretto ones. I wanted to try them all, though.
Vegetable: I really love broccoli and asparagus. Asparagus makes my pee smell funny, though.
Fruit: I love all fruit but I try not to eat any. I love green grapes and raspberries most of all.
Movie: My taste in movies is all over the map. I will answer this question with a picture.
Oh, what's that? You want a closeup?
Tea or coffee: Mostly coffee, but I drink tea as well. My favorite coffee is Caribou. I get the same thing wherever I go: an Americano with sugar free chocolate syrup.
Magazine: I really like Lucky because it at least pretends to be affordable stuff. I also like InStyle. I used to love Vogue but now I'm not so into it.
Vacation: (Beach-, skiing or big city ): The city, please. Barcelona maybe, which is the best of both worlds. A big city, fun, adventure, plus a little beach if you want it. I really want to go to Peru and Russia.
Beer or wine: Wine. Dry, dry, dry red. Nothing else.
Sport: Baseball is my favorite sport to watch. I love the Indians and the White Sox.
I think this little label goes with the next tag...
I don't really remember. I could very well be fucking these up. This one is also question-based.
1. Where is your cell phone? In my purse.
2. Your hair? Long, blonde, up in a bun.
3. Your Mother? Insane. But I love her.
4. Your Father? I'm not really sure what to say about him. I love him, too. He's a great guy.
5. Your favourite food? Chipotle :)
6. Your dream last night? I rarely remember my dreams.
7. Your favourite drink? Diet Dr. Pepper
8. Your dream / goal? Museum work. I can has, please?
9. What room are you in? Family room, on couch.
10. Your hobby? The obvious answer is nail polish.
11. Your fear? The list is too extensive. Honestly. I'm paranoid about all things.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Married. Happy.
13. Where were you last night? Playing dominoes with my mom. Yes, apparently it's the 1950s and we are the Cleavers.
14. Something you aren't? A hypocrite.
15. Muffins? Love 'em, don't eat 'em.
16. Wish list item? Hm…If money weren't an object I'd probably want an nice apartment in Chicago. I know right where it would be, too. Illinois and Michigan, behind the Intercontinental.
17. Where did you grow up? A suburb of Cleveland.
18. Last thing you did? I went to the grocery store.
19. What are you wearing? Jeans, a black long-sleeved shirt, and a green duster.
20. Your TV? 47" LCD. Costco!
21. Your pets? Two cats. Raven, who is black, and Alley, who is…tabby and calico mixed.
22. Your friends? They're all so scattered. St. Louis, Houston, Paris, Tokyo, Chicago, Columbus. Ugh.
23. Your life? Not what I thought it would be.
24. Your mood? I'm an eternal pessimist.
25. Missing someone? Yeah, always.
26. Vehicle? Jeep Liberty. I love it.
27. Something you're not wearing? The almost ever-present flower in my hair.
28. Your favourite store? H&M. Ask me a harder question.
29. Your favourite colour? Green.
30. When was the last time you laughed? Probably last night.
31. Last time you cried? Saturday. It was an apocalyptically bad day.
32. Your best friend? I have two. One lives in St. Louis and shares this blog with me. I miss her like crazy. The other lives in Columbus and we rarely see each other anymore. It's stupid. We should just meet in the middle or something.
33. One place that I go over and over? Panera. I loves it. Free internet and good coffee.
34. One person who emails me regularly? Um…no one, really. I use Gchat so I don't really correspond with people through e-mail.
35. Favourite place to eat? At my boyfriend's apartment. It's really small, so when we cook together we have to eat on our bed. One wall is entirely made of windows so we can see the whole skyline.
Whew! Thanks for the tags, guys! I'm just going to take the lazy way out and tag whoever wants to do these. I'm sure everyone has done them already anyway.
I actually do have a polish to share with you today. It's one of the new Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes, Pacific Blue. I passed it up the first time but I ended up going back for it and I'm SO GLAD that I did. I think this is my favorite blue ever.
Indoors, with flower
Neither of those pictures is terribly color accurate. Pacific Blue is actually a vivid yet muted shade of cornflower blue. I know that in the first picture it looks sky blue, but it isn't. Here's a picture of Pacific Blue next to a true sky blue, Essie Shelter Island.
They're quite different. They're both very pretty, though.
Here it is indoors with flash, and with my giant yellow flower ring from Icing. I thought they looked nice together.
The formula on this blue creme was perfect. I used two coats, it dried super-fast...I have no complaints. I love the brushes on the Xtreme Wears too. It's flat and wide, but not as ridiculous as the Insta-Dri brushes. What's more, this polish costs like $2 and you can find it at your local drug store.
That's all for today. Remember, if you want to enter Betsy's GIVEAWAY, comment on her post (which is also the post just below this one), not on mine. BUT please comment on my post too! For I love comments. Thanks guys!