Saturday, February 06, 2010

Too Much Awesome For One Post

Happy Saturday :) I don't usually post on the weekends but I'm just too excited about too many things to hold it in. I'll save the best for last. First thing's first, and that's the next Rodeo Diva polish I chose, Cowgirl Up. K, gonna be honest. I don't like this type of purple. It almost looks like it leans fuschia, so no bueno. But here it is.

Near window

A little further away from window

With flash

Don't get me wrong; I can appreciate a pretty polish when I see one. This just isn't one that I love. It's interesting, though. It has a purple base, for sure, but it has blue and red shimmer that combine to contribute to the purple effect.

See what I mean?

This had the same exquisite formula as my now-beloved Red Stallion. It was neither thick nor runny, the polish flowed nicely and stayed where I put it. This was two coats. Yesterday I went to go return that shirt dress from H&M I showed you a couple days ago and happened to mosey on by a salon that sells Zoya. The ladies there joke that they are my Zoya dealer. I want two polishes from the new spring collection but they weren't yet out. You know what was, though? OPI Hong Kong! I practically attacked the display. I only wanted a couple colors, so here's what I got.

Hot & Spicy (YAY I LOVE ORANGE RIGHT NOW), Jade Is The New Black (fantastic name) and Pearl of Wisdom (which I suspect is re-release)

I promised myself that I would not use any other polishes until I've worn all of Rodeo Diva. Well, fuck. My thoughts after purchasing these: It's okay, Steff. It's okay. Take a deep breath. How to get around this problem? Well, you don't love Cowgirl Up. Pearl of Wisdom...is for layering. Bingo. You guys. Get ready. For awesome.

Tell me that's not gorgeous. Wait, it gets better.

Duochrome! With glitter! Oh...oh, I love love you.

Um. Dude.

How to convey how in love with this I am...hm...impossible. I just love it. The funny thing is that it somehow turned out looking a little like Meet Me On the Star Ferry, another Hong Kong release. I didn't get that one, though, so I can't know for sure. I was torn about getting Pearl of Wisdom but I'm so glad I did.

And now for squee-worthy news: I got a package yesterday from one of my favey-fave ladies, Ange-Marie. The contents therein:

Holy. Shit. Balls. Illamasqua Rampage and Phallic, and ChG C-C-Courage

SQUEE! Again, my decision not to use any other polishes until Rodeo Diva has been worn comes back to bite me in the ass. Rampage looks GORGEOUS. It's a jelly. That excites me to no end. I love jellies. Ange-Marie is terribly sweet and amazing. I mentioned in my post on Good Witch? that I wanted to try C-C-Courage and she was willing to part with her bottle of sparkly awesomeness. Thanks lady! You are too awesome.

So that's all for this weekend. Again, I leave you with a bonus picture of my kitty, Alley. She's the cutest little furball like, ever, but she is so mean. Sometimes I can get a quick cuddle in before she tries to gnaw off my face.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous layering outcome!!!
    Haha...mean Kitteh looks like she is deep in thought, planning revenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww what a cute kitty! I love little tiger kitties! I want a chocolate tabby persian, but they're wicked expensive, cause the chocolate gene is recessive. boo.
    Gah! Dang it! I wish you didn't have that Rodeo Diva pledge. I wanna see Rampage on you. frick on a stick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous color! Your kitty is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I have been craving Jade is the New Black since I first saw the collection!! YOU MUST WEAR IT IMMEDIATELY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, I'm gonna beg you to wear either Hot & Spicy or Jade Is The Black too! I WANT Pearl of Wisdom, and I don't like sheer polishes. It's gorgeous.
    Now, see, I'm a big fan of Cowgirl Up, and your photos rock! It looks great on you. But it looks even better layered!
    And - nice package! Oooooh, ahhhh!
    Your kitty is CUTE. Mine is a little meanie too, but I manage to scoop her up and smother her with kisses before she swats at me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ainos2, thanks! My cat is always planning revenge. Seriously, if you sneak up on her and scare her, two hours later she remembers and randomly bites your ankle for payback. There's something wrong with her. Yet she's also awesome...

    Ange-Marie, Rampage will be the FIRST polish I wear apres le Rodeo Diva pledge. Promise!

    gildedangel, thanks!

    Amber, soon, my pet. Soon.

    Nicole, I will wear them, I promise! I'm just so slow at...everything.

    Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alley's certainly very cute! :)

    As for the nail polish, I absolutely love the jelly look of Cowgirl Up! With so many new yummy hauls.....I think you should put Project Rodeo Diva aside. I don't think it's going to work. ;D

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!