Thursday, March 04, 2010

Underwater

Heeeeeey guys. Thanks for all of your congratulations yesterday! I truly appreciate it; you'll probably never know how much. I'm pretty excited today because Boyfriend is coming to visit for his spring break. I haven't seen him since the beginning of January. It's weird; we lived together for two years, we've been in a relationship for six, he has seen the good and the bad about me, he knows me better than anyone else, and yet I still get butterflies in my stomach when I'm about to see him. OH GEEZ MUSHY MUSHY. I'm getting him from the airport at 2 :D

Whenever I see him my nails are usually blue. It's the only color he has a positive reaction to. His favorite color is L'Oreal Electric Blue, and you can see a swatch here on Steph's Closet. I remember when we were at the grocery store he picked it up and said, "Buy this." Hah. It turned out that the brush on my bottle is like a mop, though. I've only used it once. When I was at Ulta I picked up Essence Underwater because I thought it might be a suitable replacement.

Sorry for my crappy application. Kind of rushing for no reason at all.

I love this picture! The polish kind of does look like pool water or something.

Heh.

I always feel kind of high school when I wear blues like this, but it's okay for a day or two. The formula on this was so-so; kind of thin and runny but thick at the same time. Three-free-ish, I guess. I used two coats but perhaps I could have used three. I think I might be getting some polish pulling away from the tips on my right hand, too. Sigh. Oh well. It's kind of a pretty color. What do you guys think?

Well, nothing else to report, really. It's going to be a pretty lazy day until I leave for the airport. I have to work at 5am tomorrow. Ewww. At least the week is almost over, right?

8 comments:

  1. Oooooooooooooh! I love those kind of blues. Probably because it does make me think of high school. I kind of miss high school. Not the stupid drama, but god, I had some gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood times. And no responsibility. And I could sleep til 3 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Gah. Miss that. I think I need to dig out a blue like that today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely wear blue (not my cup of tea and I don't think they look fine on me) but I love it on other girls' nails. Especially when they're luminous like this one. By the way, I see you still have lots of snow. Jeez is Cleveland in North Pole or something? :D

    And.... Congrats my lady for the Art master programm! :D I have not been able read anything on blogger yesterday. That's great! I'm proud of you. I have a Master in Art/Communication/Graphic Art but Art history was what I would have studied if I hadn't gone where I have. :)

    To end, enjoy your man and enjoy the stomach butterflies too. That's such a unique feeling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww have fun seeing your boyfriend :) ! And that color is lovely, I like how vibrant it is! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your application is still very nice. :)
    Cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty color! I totally feel weird when I wear blue nail polish, too! I don't know why. It's probably because every time I do I can hear my mom's disgusted voice saying "blue nail polish looks soooo trashy". Haha.

    I love that you still get butterflies in your stomach about your boyfriend of 6 years. I hope that that happens to me one day. I know this doesn't compare at all, but I had a 9 month relationship like that, and even though its been almost 4 years since we broke up, every time I see him I get the worst butterflies EVER. Thankfully I only see him a few times a year lol. (Get deep, apparently you are my therapist)

    P.S. Love the cat picture! DGAFcat. =)

    ~Kelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ange-Marie, if you really like this you can have mine :) I'm supposed to be sending you some Essence stuff anyway, I just haven't gotten back to Ulta lately :(

    jellynat, yes, Cleveland is the North Pole. We still have lots of snow but I think it's starting to melt. I'm not optimistic that it won't snow again, though. Thank you for your congratulations! I don't know what I'm going to do! I'm happy to have the option to continue going to school, though.

    gildedangel, thanks!

    Caitlin, thanks, I will! And yes, very vibrant blue. Kinda nice.

    Skulda, you're too kind. My kitty, Alley, thanks you.

    Angie, thanks :)

    kelsea! Dude, I think blue polish looks trashy sometimes too!! I don't know why. I really want to take this off, actually. Eep. I totally know what you mean about still getting the butterflies after breaking up. I have had this experience too. It's not so fun. You will find someone, though!

    IT IS 4:30 IN THE MORNING AND I'M AWAKE FOR WORK PLEASE NOOOO

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!