Thursday, April 01, 2010

Aren't Black Cherries DELICIOUS?

Happy April! Did everyone remember to Rabbit Rabbit? I did! I wonder if anything awesome will happen to me this month. Extraordinary dusty finds? Winning the lottery? Free coffee forever somehow? These things would all be awesome. I've got high hopes for you, April.

After a few days of brights and pastels I start really craving something dark on my nails. It had been about a week since my last vampy, so I was definitely due. But what to choose? I ended up choosing a polish that's undoubtedly in my top five favorites, OPI Black Cherry Chutney. It is GOR-GEOUS. I know a lot of people don't like those "almost black" vampies, but I heart them. I heart them hard. Especially because today Mr. Sun has come out.





This polish really does remind me of black cherries! It can look quite purply when the sun hits it at the right angle, but most of the time it's a deep, dark red with gorgeous red, fuschia and purple shimmer.


I'm not really sure why this polish has a special place in my heart, since I think it's pretty dupe-able, but it does. There are actually a few polishes from the OPI India collection (spring 2008) that I really love--MonSooner or Later and Elephantastic Pink come to mind--and I really want both Royal Rajah Ruby and Lunch At the Delhi. I'm not sure why I don't own those two. I know a lot of people get angry at OPI for their releases (as in, half of their seasonal collections are usually variations on red) but I love this company. I love their bottles. I love their polish names. I love the colors. I want to own basically every polish from the Russian collection and La Collection de France. The only collection I've been uber-disappointed in is Espana, and even then I found two polishes that I absolutely adore--Can You Tapas This? and Suzi Skis. And now I'm rambling.

The other day PerryPie requested that I try to get a picture of my kitties side-by-side. Yesterday I opened the sliding door that leads to the backyard and both of them raced to sit in front of it. Usually they kind of take turns--and by take turns I mean that Alley slaps the bejeezus out of Raven until he gets angry and leaves--but this time they sat together rather harmoniously. As you'll be able to see in the following picture, Raven kept trying to touch Alley with his long monkey tail, while Alley kept her little tail wrapped tightly around herself.

As you can see, we're very excited for spring here.

Later, Raven decided to sit on the couch with me. He doesn't usually do this and I'm not sure why. He's much more of a floor man.

I love this picture because I think I caught him mid-head-shake. His little ear is bent! Haha, he's so cute.

Okay, that's all for today. A few questions for the comments, if you care to answer them: Favorite OPI collection? Favorite vampy polish? I hope it's sunny and warm wherever you guys are too! I'm going to put on my $6 fake Ray-Bans and read in the sun later. I think I need some vitamin D.

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that color!! And your kitties sound entertaining :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right: black cherries ARE delicious. =) Love the polish, but I have a feeling it's one of those shades that looks black most of the times. :/
    Love the kitties! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that color too! def a fave vampy! and omg I wannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt Raven he is soooooooooo cute! Imiss my kitties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love dark vampies. They all have a big place in my heart, I don't care if they look black some of the time, I know their secret! Haha. This is no exception, as this is super pretty too. And look at the babies! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such adorable kitties! I love when you narrate for them, too! :D

    Black Cherry Chutney is divine. I don't think I've seen a picture of it that I didn't like. It's definitely getting put on my list of polishes to find on ebay.


    I finally started up a blog of my own. Will you check it out sometime? :)
    http://persistentlypolished.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, kitties are cuter than I can stand. Cripes, and their tales. Awwww. My favourite collection might just be the holiday in hollywood collection. And it's hard choosing my fave vampy. I'll have to think on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no....
    I want that polish now. :(
    Ah ah ah ah ah!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tierney, they're QUITE entertaining.

    nihrida, it does look black most of the time, you're right. That's why I like it :)

    Heather, I think so too! Thank you!

    Ange-Marie, TOTALLY a fave vampy!! I hope you get to see your kitties soon.

    Nicole, I actually get excited whenever I go outside and I'm wearing a color like this, because I know I'll get to see the secret sparkle. It's so gorgeous.

    Erin, definitely put it on your list. I'll check out your blog.

    PerryPie, aw, you answered my questions. You're a good bloggy friend. I don't even know what my favorite OPI collection was. Maybe Russia. I can't choose a favorite vampy either.

    jellynat, yay! Get thee some black cherry chutney!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my Evil Twin has this color! It looks great on you. Finally de-lurking to say that I think the pictures (polishes & kitties) and general writing style of your blog have enabled a few of my recent hauls. :)

    As for favorite OPI collection, ummmmm. I usually find something I like in every one, but I have 5 colors from the Russian collection, if that means anything. Fave vampy, ummmmmm ... the original OPI LPAD, and Essie Wicked.

    You SHOULD get Lunch at the Delhi! Next to Charged-Up Cherry, it's a coral that is the closest thing I have to pink in my stash. The brush on my particular bottle makes it kind of a PITA when I use this color for a pedi, since it's the OPI ProWide brush, only ON CRACK. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!