Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Essie Splash of Grenadine

I will be the first person to tell you that I don't normally like pink. It seems a bit cliche to me, but in a different way than red does. I wear red when I want to feel brave or beautiful--and I always go back to the same red. To me pink doesn't really represent anything but girliness so I tend to steer clear. I'm already girly enough. When I saw the first swatches of Essie Splash of Grenadine pop up I was surprised to find myself really wanting it.



I'm happy to report that I love this color just as much on the nail as I do in the bottle. I find it a bit difficult to describe--a purply pink that has a muted and dusty feel. It's not straight-up pink, nor is it straight-up purple. The formula was exquisite. Today I didn't use a ridge filler, just OPI Dry & Brittle Nail Envy. This was two pretty thin coats, and I think it looks really lovely. No visible nail line, so yay. It's so shiny! I also feel like it's one of those cremes that looks a bit like a jelly. It has that squishy feeling to it. Splash of Grenadine also kind of reminds me of pink magnolia flowers.



We all know that grenadine is actually red, but I'm pretty sure that if you diluted it--added a "splash" of it to a nice cocktail--it'd be pink. Not this pink, of course, but the name still conjures up images of island vacations and toes in the sand, no? Since I showed you my little magnolia tree (by the way, one of my favorite perfumes ever is Kenzo Eau de Fleur de Magnolia; if you like the scent of magnolia you guys should check it out! it's affordable and absolutely lovely) I will show you some other flowers from around my house. It feels so good to walk outside, stand in the yard, inhale deeply and smell the scent of so many different blossoms.


These little pear trees line every street in my neighborhood. Last week they were at their blossoming peak. I took a walk with a friend at like 2 in the morning and everything looked magical. I love spring.



Oh my giddygod's trousers, I cannot wait for summer. Today looks like it will be a lovely day. It's sunny and the skies are blue. It's almost 60 degrees now, so maybe I'll be able to sit outside and read in the afternoon. So what do you guys think about Splash of Grenadine? Are you planning on picking it up with the rest of the Resort collection? Will you skip it? Is anyone else completely aching for summertime? This winter has seemed so long...

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower pictures! It already feels like summer where I am.. so I'm actually hoping the weather will stay the same! And I'm trying to tell myself I only really want Lapis of Luxury from that collection.. but your pictures might convince me otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful nail color! I love this whole collection and can't wait to get it!

    Your flower pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous, gorgeous shade. It looks so much like your magnolia flowers. I want this one!! I'm not normally drawn to Essie, but this is such a gorgeous, earthy, natural pink - I really love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this as soon as I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to skip this shade because I feel like I already own a lot of pink, but it looks really different, I really like it :) I'll have to pick it up as soon as my Ulta gets the collection in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinks have been slowly growing on me and this one is very pretty. And I've been going insane waiting for summer. It's gray and rainy here in Washington today and I have to spend the night out on a boat. I'm not looking forward to it. I want SUNSHINE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's very beautyful and springy! Your nais are very beautiful with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh stop, please! I thought this would be the least interesting shade in the release, but it turns out it`s the one I want the most! So glossy and squishy and vacationy!

    Oh, and more random-but-hilarious art stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SRxLp97I7c

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love it. I have nothing like this at all and I really really want it along with the tan one you showed the other day. RAWR.

    How've you been??? I need an update. Maybe a facebook message or something?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that colour is stunning, and love all the springy flower pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!