Monday, April 26, 2010

I Was (Kind of) Wrong About Espana

Here's the thing about OPI Espana. It was boring. It was so boring that I complain about how boring it was at pretty much every opportunity. I used Can You Tapas This? back in September and that shut me up for a while just because it was so beautiful. You may remember that I wore Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees back and March and I just raved about it. Well...here's another rave. I was so sick of wearing that Orly pastel purple by the time I got around to removing it yesterday that I kind of wanted to paint my nails black. That's kind of cliche so I went for an almost-black and chose OPI Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow. The light here has been overcast for the past few days, so these images aren't the best.

No flash. I can still tell it's green here.

With flash. Definitely green.

Macro. Shimmer? I think? Very subtle shimmer.

And here comes the rave. I kind of love this. It's basically Lincoln Park After Dark except green; one of those polishes where everyone thinks you're wearing black, but you know that you're really rocking a dark green (or in the case of LPAD, purple). I tend to love vampy colors against my nearly-albino skin. Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow kicks the ass of that cute and sweet purple pastel I had been wearing. I think the only complaint I have about it--and it's not even really a complaint--is that the formula was weird. It went on super sheer the first coat, kind of like...watercolor paint or something. The second coat helped, but I think it really did need a third. For this manicure I used three coats plus one of Seche Vite. I'm not looking forward to taking this off because I love it so much. Maybe dark greens really are my jam. I like to tell myself that I don't really really want the infamous NARS Zulu, but maybe I do. Someday perhaps I'll be okay with spending $12.50 on polish and I'll throw it down for Nfu Oh 569. But I'm so cheap!

Today is my day "off" after working pretty much all week and straight through the weekend. It's turning out that I have a lot of shit to do, though. Alley, my little cat, is having eye trouble. Her left eye is all swollen and puffy so I need to take her to the vet as soon as I can. I also have a bunch of errands to run before 1 when I pick my friend up for an Ulta trip (which will be fun). Maybe I should have slept more. I only slept for like four hours on Saturday night. Not. Cool.

Okay, sorry for the ramble. How do you guys feel about Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow? I like how I bought it in like August and it took me until the end of April to actually use it. Shame. Maybe I should revisit other Espana colors that I had thought were boring. Probably not, though. Most of them were blah. Am I right?

10 comments:

  1. I don't have this, but I've seen tons of pictures of it and I really like it. I don't have any dark greens yet :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your day off.

    Everytime I go polish shopping I pick this up but end up putting it back. I love it but I am not a huge OPI fan so I don't NEED it. It's pretty though!!!

    I am with you on not being physically able to spend $12.50 on a polish, it's too much. Even $10, I just cannot do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This polish feels very dragon-like to me - and I don't think it is just the name! Cool shade - I like it on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nails are way too short to pull off dark colors, but this is beautiful!

    I'm trying to grow my nails out for my cousin's wedding this summer! I love acrylics, but they just damaged my nails! Good news though: I haven't bit my nails in over a week. Consider this a public tootin'-my-own-horn :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. The formula on Aragon is really weird. It looks like algae on the first coat, bizarre. Aragon was the only one I picked up from the Espana collection, but my bff got Conquistadorable Color, and Bullish on OPI. I think Aragon is the real standout shade, but the others are nice, too. They weren't as different as the France collection (which I still need most of) but the colors were not horrible, not like the disaster I faced walking into Trade Secret this weekend only to be greeted by four semi-identical semi-sheer baby pinks in a collection. We had to hold them up and squint to see an real differences. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This collection was very mysterious, it came off as pretty bland but once certain colors are worn, you see how truly pretty they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not.a.fan. I just can't dig it. Somethings wrong with me. I just can't get on the deep green black love train. I suck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm... I really enjoyed the Espana collection. I only have Pamplona Purple (which rocks) but the pictures of the other ones look pretty good. Quite a few pinks though.

    This is fantastic though, I love it!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I can't wait to try this one. I've had it forever. But yeah, never tried. And I hope Alley is ok. Poor ebil kitty. And you know Nars is re-releasing Zulu, eh?

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!