Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lollipop--You Make My Heart Go Giddyup

Heeeeeeey guuuuuuuys. Happy Saturday. I'm going to work in about an hour so this has to be a quickie post. First thing's first: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSEA! Yay, 21! That's so exciting.

Today I have for you Orly Lollipop from the spring Sweet collection. There is no sun today, sadly, so these pictures were taken in overcast light.



The first picture is without flash and it's too blue. The second picture is with flash and it's closer to color accurate. Lollipop is a very light pastel purple with a bit of pink thrown in. I don't think it suits me. Maybe my skin is too light for it or something. The formula was pretty good, if not a little thick, but I seem to remember that I had the same thickness problems with Orly Snowcone, also from the Sweet collection. This was two coats with one coat of Seche Vite. I used non-acetone remover to take off my polish from yesterday and somehow it dried my skin out way more than when I use acetone remover. I don't know what that is, but that's why my skin looks so dry. Sorry.

When I realized the name of this polish is Lollipop, all I could think of was that boat scene in Spice World, one of the best [worst] movies of all time. I am not kidding when I confide in you all that Spice World is one of my favorite movies. Ever. Please watch this. It will make your day a million times better, I promise.


Alright, that's all for today. Sorry to quickie post and run, but coffee-making waits for no man. Or woman as the case may be. What's your favorite polish from the Sweet collection?

5 comments:

  1. I actually don't have any from the Sweet collection, but Lollipop is very pretty! I may have to go pick it up. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lollipop didn't work well for me either. :( I stamped over it with a medium warm purple, though (all over pattern), and it turned into awesome I just didn't want to take off. So you could try some experimenting to see if it will work for you...

    I still have to try Snowcone and Cotton Candy, but I think Gumdrop will be my favorite. It's what prompted me to get the whole collection, I just love it.

    Also, as for the remover: I've heard that non-acetone formulas can be more drying than regular acetone removers because of the things they have to replace acetone with. I tend to avoid it now because the non-acetone removers I've tried tended to be more greasy and headache inducing than their acetone brethren. +they generally work slower, with the notable exception of Nubar's formula.

    Sorry for writing a mini essay lol. I agree that Spice World is one of the best (worst) films. Even when I was younger, I just remember watching it in shock at how bad (awesome) it was, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been slacking on commenting on your posts =( Sorry.

    Thank you for the bday shoutout!!!! Hurray! =)

    Love youuu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loves the lollipop and omg bahahahaha spiceworld! I'm 15 all over again... I mean 12, yeah 12 would make me not so old. 12 it is...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cotton Candy...it is the only one I've gotten though.
    ~Rose~

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!