Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Maybelline Beach Plum (Not Really Plum)

I've got one of those new Maybellines I mentioned for you today. I think I need to do another theme week. Wet n Wild week last week really helped me out. Lately I've just been staring at my stash trying to pick things out to wear and I just end up looking like a deer in headlights, completely overwhelmed by the amount of untrieds I have. Perhaps after this week I will do Orly. What do you guys think? I have a few new Orlys that I have yet to try out.

So these pictures are absolutely awful. I'm sorry. I got polish all over my cuticles and the macro setting is making my hands look really dry. They're not. I don't know what the hell is going on.




I'm so sorry for my horrible application and disgusting hands. This color is called Beach Plum and it's one of the Maybelline Salsa Sun polishes. At first when I bought it I thought it was a super red leaning purple. Now I think it's a purplish-pink. Maybe kind of a fuchsia? Without ever having actually SEEN Splash of Grenadine from the Essie Resort Collection for summer, I'm still going to say that I think Beach Plum is kind of in the same vein, but darker. For a lovely swatch of that, see All Lacquered Up. The formula on this was really amazing. It was highly pigmented, not too thick or too thin, and easily spreadable. The problem, once again, was the brush. It was actually better than on any of the Sweet Thing pastels; the bristles spread out a lot better and it was more pliable and less stiff...but it was cut all wonky. Like at an extreme angle. That made it really, really hard to work with. IT'S CALLED QUALITY CONTROL, MAYBELLINE. I didn't do any cleanup for these images and boy can you tell. My nails look terrible. Ack. Too bad I love the color. I think I'll use it for my toes when I get around to painting them again.

Once again I have to apologize for my weird moods and sporadic commenting. I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I may be getting sick. I've been sleeping really, really poorly lately and I haven't been eating. I get like really hungry, obviously, but then all food seems to nauseate me. I've been drinking a lot of water, so that's good at least. I've also been trying to kind of SORT OF wean myself off of coffee. I am an Americano drinker, you see. What's an Americano? Friends, I will tell you. If you drink it hot it's four shots of espresso plus hot water. If you drink it cold it's five shots over ice. I've been having them cold lately, and I get my co-worker (the only one who ever makes me stuff) to kind of surprise me about the caffeine content. I think he usually makes them half-caf because he knows I drink AT LEAST TWO. Are you hearing this people? Let me break it down. When I wake up in the morning I have one very large cup of coffee in what is essentially a soup bowl. Around 4pm I start on the Americanos, ie I have at least eight shots of espresso. I need to stop. It's weird though, because when I'm actually working I don't drink that much coffee. Three shots over ice at the most. It's the days when I'm off and I randomly decide to hang around my workplace and read or something that I go overboard. To summarize: I have been eating essentially nothing and drinking an outrageous amount of coffee for at least the past week. I'm going to get a hole in my stomach, aren't I? Usually I have to stop myself from eating everything in sight. I have no idea what's going on.

Sorry for that weird rant. What's that you say? You want adorable pictures of Raven? Okay I'll placate you.

O hai! Lookit my white crotch!

And now I is sleepy.

Happy Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. You are drinking vats of super-strength coffee and you can't sleep? I think you can guess where I might be going with this? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't understand all your text (and I'm too tired to take time to translate all) but I hope you'll feel better soon ;)

    And this color is very nice ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahahahahahahaha the white crotch comment made me diiiiiiiie! classic!
    that color is meh. sorry. I'm not a plum lover.
    I too have been having the same problem. I actually think I may really have an ulcer. no bueno! Guess I'm going off coffee too. cold turkey too bc i just drank the last of it. well, I'm in the process...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That color is fantastic. It looks to me like OPI's Pamplona Purple and Zoya Demi, which are pretty much dupes. I think they are a little more purple than the Maybelline, though. Hmmm.

    I wish we lived close so that we could combine our collections and do more comparisons! Haha.

    By the way I'm sorry you aren't feeling well lately. I find that when I don't eat for a while I start to get nauseated by food, and then end up not eating even more and the cycle begins. Find something you can stand, like saltines or something, and then just eat those for like half a day, constantly, as much as you can, with plenty of water, and then move onto anything else you can stand etc. That's how I do it (which usually happens when I get sick, I just lay in bed and forget to eat). Hope that helps!!!! =D

    <3 Feel better love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors really are not calling to me, yet. You know how that goes. And I luvs coffee and kitties!
    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Those are adorable, both the polish and the cat :P I actually like that kind of pinky purple colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, feel better soon!
    That color reminds me of OPI Miami Beet a little. I saw a new Maybelline display at my Meijer yesterday, but it was makeup only, no polish. I also saw the new L'oreals there, the ones that are dupes of the North Fork collection.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!