Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Minty, Minty Apples

Happy Wednesday everyone. This week has not...been the best for me. My cuticles have gone from looking bad to looking worse. I want to go have a manicure but I don't like doing that when my nails are this short and weird. Sigh-pants. If only I weren't taking macro pictures. I've also been super indecisive lately so it's difficult for me to pick a nail color in the morning. I've also also been complaining a lot, so I'm sorry for that. Here's today's pick.





This is Sinful Colors Mint Apple. I obsessed over getting it for about a day and went to I think three different Walgreens stores. This was a good two months ago. I think I just enjoy the thrill of the hunt and that's why it took me so long to bust this one out. In short, it is lovely. It's darker than most of the mint greens that were released this past spring and I think it's pretty unique. It has this really lovely shimmer that, to me, isn't even really shimmer. It seems more akin to glass fleck because the particles are larger. I found the formula to be way better than on most Sinfuls. It was a bit thick and it stayed where I put it, so that's awesome. You're looking at two coats of Mint Apple and one of Seche Vite. Please ignore the state of my cuticles and focus on the color. I spend so much time doing stuff with my hands at work and it's just murder on my pretty.

In the comments yesterday someone asked about my ring. I got it about five years ago at American Eagle. I have not removed it for any extended period of time since the day I bought it. Sometimes I take it off to play with it or something but I always put it right back. I'm not sure what it's made of, but it has never turned my finger green or irritated my skin or anything like that. I think it was about $15. It's the only piece of jewelry that I wear daily. My left hand looks weird and naked without it.

Yesterday I did end up going to The Target That Time Forgot, aka The Magic Target that my friend Amber and I found a couple weeks ago while the Liberty of London craze was happening. I figured they would have my Zac Posen snap tape dress. Guess what? They did. I can definitely say that the line runs small. I normally wear a size 10 in jeans and in dresses, so I figured a medium would work. Not so. I couldn't zip it near the boob area. I tried on a large and it fits like a glove. I'll post a picture of me wearing it on here once I figure out how to make myself look not like a stripper in it. It was $69.99 but I returned another dress that was too big at the same time so I owed $35 on it. Not bad. Pretty excited.

That's all for this morning. Opinions on Sinful Mint Apple? It's one of my favorite "mints" from this spring, I think. Most of the others were cremes and this one is just too pretty. Plus...for $1.99 you really can't beat it. Alright, over 'n out.

6 comments:

  1. I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to buy Mint Apple. I've seen it the last couple weeks at Fred Meyer after ice skating. It's very pretty, I'm just not sure if I would ever wear it. I hope your week gets better!!!
    [:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very pretty!! I may need to go get that one- you can't beat $1.99. Looks great on you, and I hope your week gets better! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love this. Can't find it in the UK. I have quite a few of the mint cremes but this has an edge. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lucked out and snagged the last one at my usual Walgreens. It is super snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Sinful Colors. I only own the one (vacation time) but I really want some moar.

    I like this one. I was thinking of getting it, but polishes looks so much prettier in sunlight pictures and on nails than they do in the ugly lighting of the store surrounded by clashing shades. Plus I honestly don't know how I'm going to stay out of the poor house right now, so I can't really buy ANYTHING. =(

    I'm excited to see your dress!!! Hurray! Maybe put a cardigan over it? That's what I do when I feel like a hooker. Lol

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damnit Steph!! Now I want this one too.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!