Friday, April 30, 2010

New Wet n Wild: Mint Fusion (Dupe!)

Happy Friday, everyone! Today is a good day. The high is 79 degrees and I have the day off. I'm going to go to Chipotle and have lunch and then sit in the sun and read Rob Rosenblum essays. This is the plan. I'm on my second cup of coffee and I've got all the windows open. I miss summer, you guys. Anyway, today I have another new Wet n Wild to show you all. It's called Mint Fusion but it's definitely not a mint.





This is really a gorgeous polish; a nice lime green with green and gold shimmer. The formula on this was pretty decent if a little sheer. I used three coats here and one coat of Seche Vite. I mentioned yesterday that I thought this looked pretty similar to China Glaze Entourage so I did a comparison (shocking, I know).

Mint Fusion is on my index and ring fingers and Entourage is on my middle and pinky fingers


They're extremely similar. Mint Fusion is a touch lighter, but I am calling them dupes. I think if I didn't know that I was wearing two different polishes I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Entourage is from my favey-fave collection of 2009, China Glaze Kicks. I think if I had to choose one of these I'd stick with the China Glaze. The formula was a bit better (thicker). Then again, the Wet n Wild only costs ninety-nine cents...

Yesterday I went to CVS and bought this Sally Hansen cuticle oil pen dealio for about $6.


I think you are supposed to put it on after manicures and before bed. I applied it one time yesterday and I'm about to apply it again after I hit publish. I'll let you know how it goes in a week or so. I can tell you, though, that it smells really lovely :)

Okay, that's all for today. Do you think you guys will pick up Mint Fusion? For under a dollar you really can't beat it, right? Anyone have any fantastic weekend plans? I can't believe that tomorrow is May...oh! Also, I'm at 298 followers so I think I will be posting my next giveaway on Monday after I [hopefully] reach 300. Thanks, everyone! You guys are the best.

9 comments:

  1. Dupes. Dupes. Pity we can't get WnW in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I want that color!! It's so pretty.
    I'm jealous, the high today here is 57 and I think it is supposed to rain tomorrow ]: 79 sounds amazing.. I am really impatient for it to be summer. I'm excited for the weekend though! Tomorrow is Opening Day of boating season :D So I'm going on the boat parade, then spending the day hanging out on different boats and on the docks. It should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wet n Wild, I'm so glad they've updated their lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!! I have Entourage, so I think I will skip it though... maybe! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WnW needs to set up over here hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have such beautiful nails.
    i cant grow mine long anymore since i work as a grocery cashier and i always hit something and it's just never been able to grow longer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those SH cuticle oil pens! I keep one in my purse and one in my book bag. And I admit to sitting in class lectures & using that pen. Sometimes I'm careful to put it on so I can still type up notes or write out notes and after a while it just gets absorbed into the skin. And other times I just paint it all over and then take time to massage it all in.

    If you have the time, would you please think about doing a Cinco de Mayo manicure?

    Thanks! -JenB

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this green polish !!!
    i'm your 302 followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this polish! Looks fantastic on you. I would pick it up but I can't find these anywhere. And when I do find them, they are all cleared out or only have the old colors. GRR. I will continue my search, since they are only a dolla dolla bill, yall! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!