Tuesday, April 27, 2010

OPI DS Reflection (!)

It's finally sunny again! I feel like it has rained for the past three or four days. I don't know if that's actually true because I honestly can't remember three or four days ago, sadly. I just checked the weather and it's supposed to be nice-ish until Saturday. Wahoo. I did not have a swell day yesterday. I'm going to try to make up for that today, but it probably won't happen. I have work later and I'm kind of not looking forward to it. Uber-sigh.






Here is OPI DS Reflection. I got this from the lovely Perry of PerryPie's Nail Polish Adventures in a swap not too long ago. I am so terrible to swap with, but only because I constantly offer things to people and I never really want anything in return. Nail polish people are all so nice and no one wants to take something for nothing, which I kind of understand. PerryPie chose this one for me and she did a good job. I've only used one other DS polish before (Mystery) so I was excited to receive this one. It's a nice rosy reddish-pink with really pretty holo glitter. I'm sorry my cuticles are so dry. I dunno what's going on. It's the macro setting, mostly.

Anyway, this polish is fantastic. The formula was spot-on. It's actually the nicest polish I've used in a while. I feel like I could have used just one coat, but I always feel weird doing that. Even if I'm using a one-coat lacquer like RBL or something I always do two, just out of habit. That's what happened here. Anyway, definitely loving this and I think it looks really nice on my skintone. I'm glad I waited for a sunny day to bust it out. Also, the end of April/beginning of May is always one of my favorite times of year because the lilacs come out. Lilacs are my favorite flower ever and we have two big bushes in our yard.



Does anyone know of a nice lilac perfume? I like wearing flower-scented perfumes. My favorite is Fragonard Cerisier en Fleurs (cherry blossom). Maybe it's time for a Google hunt. Also, yesterday my friend and I went to Target and saw some of the Zac Posen stuff. I fell in love with this dress.


Of course I will not look like a twelve-year-old boy when I wear it like the model, but whatever. I couldn't find the size I needed at the Target we went to so I might go on a mad hunt for it today like I did with the Liberty of London stuff (and that LibofLon dress I bought only like three weeks ago is now too big; sad). I've been reading reviews of it online and apparently the whole collection runs small. Fabulous, 'cause these hips don't lie.

Okay, rambles over. What do you guys think of DS Reflection? Anyone have it and love it? Anyone kind of meh about it? Anyone about to stalk Target for the Zac Posen stuff?

10 comments:

  1. love the polish love the dress, and my favey flowers are lilacs too! enjoy your sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous polish! Love your pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine, lilacs and a lovely polish - awesome!

    Your ring is pretty btw, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Demeter makes a lilac perfume but it's been quite awhile since I smelled it so I'm not too sure how true to scent it is. It's called Lilac though and I saw it at Rite- Aid but I think Sephora and about a billion other online places carry it as well. Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wearing reflection now, although it's been a few days and I need to stop being lazy. It's just so pretty!

    That dress is cute, but what's with the model's leg??? It's almost twisted backwards. Creepy! I'm sure you will look much better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I am so terrible to swap with, but only because I constantly offer things to people and I never really want anything in return."

    And this is why we love you darling. *Air kisses your cheeks*

    Looking at those flowers makes me want to sneeze. I hate you allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can appreciate that this is a nice polish, but I probably wouldn't wear it a lot myself. Just not a red girl, and I also like my holos to be dense and linear. Oh well!

    Let me know if you would like to talksies! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that polish looks alot like an opi holo I had in 2005...still have it at my mom's and in good condition...cannot remember the name though. I have a true lilac fragrance to rec...Yves Rocher Pur Dessir Lilac. Right now you can score it on the Yves Rocher site for 15 dollars...that's 10 bucks off! I've used it all the matching liquid hand soap...body wash, and lotion.
    ~Rose~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lilacs always reminds me and also lilas! boy oh boy, I miss Paris. Hope you found that Pacifica french lilac perfume! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aha...the opi colour from 2005 I was trying to remember is called "Crim-sun". Looks alot like that...pinky/red/rose holo. Take care.
    ~Rose~

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!