Monday, April 12, 2010

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Ever have one of those days where your manicure goes completely stupid and wonky? That would be what happened to me this morning.

China Glaze Something Sweet. Do you see the problem? I got a little Raven hair stuck on my middle finger. I am literally too lazy to do anything about it, but I promise you that it will drive me insane all day. Of course this happens when I'm wearing a very light pastel. Silly Raven hairs.

So here's a rare shot of my right hand, but even on this one things went wonky. Near the cuticle on my pointer finger the topcoat started doing that wrinkly thing. I think this Sally Hansen Mega Shine is on its last legs.


Bah, I'm so annoyed. I love the color, though. This reminds me of one of my favorites of all time, Essie Fiji. It's a baby pink creme that looks like it has a drop of purple added to it. It's kind of a boring color, really, but it has this mod feel to it that makes it interesting. I really like it. The formula was better than other Up & Aways, I think, but I haven't used any in a while so I guess I don't really remember the others, to be honest. I do remember that they seemed to be really thick; Something Sweet didn't seem thick. I'm just so fed up with this manicure. Oh, this was two coats, by the way.

On another note, I'm sorry I've been so comment-challenged the past week. I'm failing hard at keeping up with my favey-fave blogs. I've had kind of a lot going on and a lot to think about, so my head has been totally in the clouds since like last Monday. Also, I was sweetly tagged for this award by Ange-Marie at Scandalously Polished and Erin of Persistently Polished. Thanks girls :) That's so nice of you both!


I'm supposed to tag people, but I think that at this point I'm one of the last ones to get this so I'm just going to give this to anyone on my blogroll who wants to participate. I love all of your blogs and you're all awesome ladies! I hope everyone has a great Monday. I'm going to do my best to do the same.

5 comments:

  1. I love Something Sweet. It's really lovely color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choice of colors!!!! This one in paticular is so pretty and perfect for spring! I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This usually happens when I have to do my manicure as fast as possible. Murhpy and stuff... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the mod pink colors too. The coolness to it adds something special!

    I hope you are having a lovely day, text me later? Awesome =)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should write a book, Steph. :D

    Now I wonder why black hair always decide to stick on pastel polish and never on dark ones. There might be some kind of magical attraction. Or voodoo. I don't know.

    I love Mod colors but the formula always end up driving me crazy. It's such a pain to apply... How is the formula of Essie Fiji?

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!