Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Wet n Wild Week: Rain Check

If you like blue you need this polish. If you like gray you need this polish. I've you've got ninety-nine cents you can have this polish. Please excuse my pinky in the pictures. The topcoat did that weird wrinkly thing.





Rain Check is absolutely gorgeous. I loved it in the bottle and I love it just as much on the nail. It's kind of a metallic, maybe a little bit frosty? I'm not really sure. It does leave a few brushstrokes, but I didn't think it was that big a deal. The color is kind of a grayish periwinkle. It has insane rainbow multicolored shimmer. It does kind of remind me of storm clouds; one of those days where it's storming really badly and then all of a sudden the sun peeks through the clouds. This was three coats. The application was great and so was the formula. Can I once again remind everyone that this cost ninety-nine cents? Holy balls. Thanks Wet n Wild.

I'd like to address something that came up in the comments yesterday regarding my kitties. An anonymous commenter implored me to keep Easter grass away from my cats because it can cause serious damage. I'd just like to reassure Anonymous and everyone else that I do not let my cats eat Easter grass, tinsel, or rubber bands. If there is Easter grass or tinsel within the reach of little kitty paws and teeth, I watch them very carefully and then take it away if I leave the house or go to bed. One time Alley ate a very large rubber band and I had to take her to the vet to have her stomach pumped. I know that these seasonal decorations can cause serious damage to kitty digestive systems, so please don't worry. I love my babies and I do my best to protect them.


10 comments:

  1. ooooooooooooh soooooo pretttttttyyyyyyyyy! I really love that polish. And awwwwwwwwwwwww look at raven he is so freakin cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, pretty color!!!

    and I just love your kitties, they're SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color and more lovely cats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this line of WnW n/p!!! For 99c, that's super great quailty. I actually bought one bottle on sale for 69c in hot pink and it's pigmented w/ one coat! no need for OPI or Essie. Thanks for the post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this color but haven't swatched it yet. I'm glad it's a good one. They really do have some good ones. I also found Wild card/Invitation. It's a metalic mauve - lavender color, it looks really nice also.
    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, cute kitty pics. And wow, that is... Wow. Ok, I need that. Thank goodness this is a less than $2 lemming for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitties are so gorgeous. I love blogs where people talk about their cats ^_^

    What's Alley & Raven like? Talk some more about them in your blogs please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm super late here, but I just bought Rain Check two days ago (99 cents!), and I love it! It's hard to describe it though, because it changes so much in different light. Under my compact florescent bulbs, I see it as an icy lavender. Love it! =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this color too. Every time I applied it, BUBBLES GALORE!! Whenever I'd give it another chance, I'd change whatever I thought could have been the problem. Buffing my nails, thin coats, thick coats, base/top coat, no base/top coat, waiting for the coats to dry, etc., etc., etc. Nothing helped .. I was disappointed because the shade is so gorgeous. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!