Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why Are Holos SO AWESOME?

The weather is being wacky again. I think it's supposed to be something like eighty degrees out today. That's just insanity. I don't understand how it can go from being sixty-one yesterday to eighty-something today. Since I knew it was going to be sunny all day I decided to use another one of the China Glaze OMG polishes that I picked up in a dusty haul last month. When I asked my readers which OMG is their favorite, the response was pretty overwhelmingly this polish.




Here is China Glaze 2NITE. It's a nice medium blue with a seriously strong holo. It's gorgeous. There's not really much to say about it other than wow. I learned a while ago not to apply a basecoat under these OMG polishes or else you'll get mad cuticle drag. I don't think these stain, so it's not a big deal. I did apply a topcoat just for the sake of...well, nothing. Faster dry time I guess. I've heard that topcoats dull holos, but this doesn't look dulled at all. It looks amazing. 2NITE does not surpass OMG as being my favorite, but it's very, very pretty. Good choice, guys!

I've been coming home kind of late at night lately. Or maybe early in the morning. Last night was a pretty early night. I got home around 1. Raven never, never, never used to meet me at the door, but ever since I started staying out kind of late he is always right there to see me when I come in. He sits down in the middle of the rug in our entryway and looks up at me rather sternly as if to say, "Listen. You haven't been here and there is some serious tummy rubbing that needs to occur. Let's do this now." It's pretty funny.

"Rub. My. Damn. Tummy."

So what do you guys think about 2NITE? I love wearing holos. It has been kind of icky weather out lately so I haven't really been able to wear any. I'm really longing for summer here. Eighty degrees sounds really good right about now.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love it! And ohman, eighty degrees sounds amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably my favorite OMG I have. Raven looks sooooooooooo cute all cat-tyrant-y

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I tagged you for an award
    http://tiersthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice holo (one of my favourites). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why HOLO's are so awesome, they just are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That polish is seriously gorgeous!
    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love holos. I love you.




    that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, looks a lot like OPI DS Glamour. And oh Raven.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!