Thursday, May 27, 2010

Finger Paints Whose Hue?

Good morning everyone. Ugh, I had serious problems sleeping last night so I'm getting a late start today. I don't actually have to go anywhere until like 3pm, though, so at least that's good. Remember my tiny, sad Finger Paints purchase yesterday? I have one of those polishes to show you today.





So...this is nice...but it looks nothing on the nail like it looked in the bottle. See in the third picture how it kind of looks like a warm brown with purple shimmer? Here, let me show you a bottle picture.

This is what the bottle looks like in sunlight and mostly indoors.

Kind of weird, right? Anyway, I don't really like this type of color. In the sun it kind of reminds me of China Glaze Cowgirl Up, which is definitely a fan favorite from the Rodeo Diva collection. It's just not my thing. Pretty, though. Since I'm new to the brand I'll do a quick little review. As far as I know you can only get Finger Paints polishes from Sally Beauty Supply. They're normally $4.99, but this week they're running a deal where they're $3.99...and I think if you buy three you get something free. I'm not sure since I only bought two. For $4.99 you get .5 fl. oz. of polish, which is the same amount you get from OPI. Not bad. I'm not really crazy about the bottle, but that's not a big deal. The formula on this one wasn't bad...just a little thick. I would consider adding a drop or two of thinner to it if I were to ever use it again. Oh, I did like the brush, though. The shape of the cap made it really easy to handle and the brush wasn't too wide or too thin. Thumbs up.

As for the color of Whose Hue?, it's kind of a dark, vampy red-leaning purple with a lot of shimmer.


It's pretty, and I know lots of people who would like this one, but it's just not for me. I'm disappointed that the polish on the nail is so different from the polish in the bottle. It's totally weird...

Okay, that's all for today; I'm exhausted so I'm going to go relax with a huge cup of coffee. What do you guys think about Whose Hue? Have you ever had those experiences where polishes look totally different on the nail than in the bottle? Does anyone have any other Finger Paints recommendations for me? Spill.

8 comments:

  1. It's nothing special, I agree. And one bottle shot does make it look brown. Bit of a shoulder-shrugger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST got the supposed essie dominican green dupe fingerpaints a couple weeks ago. But its sitting in my untrieds still. Maybe I will get it out now. This one looks really pretty. I'm not a huge fingerpaints gal. Unless they dupe something I'm too cheap to spring for on Ebay =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh. I passed this by based on the bottle color--but now I see it on the nail I might give it a second look (that sort of purple is just my thing). My favorite Finger Paints right now is Sapphire Shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is pretty. I feel you on the meh. It wouldn't be a must have for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tis pretty but it doesnt stand out to me like so many other FP polishes do. -)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty. Maybe not for me either though. Idk, I'd have to try it. Can't wait to see the other one you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is something I've noticed about creme polishes with a shimmer like this one. Once applied on nails, the shimmer get totally prominent, almost hiding the color base. I first noticed that when I applied Sally Hansen's Dazzling: the base was warm red with a true red shimmer. I thought it'd be warm red on my nails but only the true red shimmer was visible. In the case of Dazzling, that was great. On here, I'm not too sure it is...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that a lot. I wonder if it would look satiny under a matte topcoat? Great color and now I have to add another polish to my wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!