Friday, May 14, 2010

*New* Wet n Wild Craze: Cancun and Cozumel

Hey guys, happy Friday! I'm posting a little late today because I had work in the morning for a change. I only slept for about three hours between closing the coffee shop last night and getting there at 7 this morning. Ugh. It has already been a long day. After my shift ended and I ate lunch I ran across the street to pick up some toothpaste. I may have bought some nail polish while I was there. And I may show it to you...right now.

Ugh. I have something stuck on the nail on my index finger! That's so annoying. It's going to bug me all day now.

This is Wet n Wild Cancun. It's a bright bumblebee yellow creme. As far as yellow cremes go, this one had pretty good application. I'm serious! This was three coats, but had I been more careful I probably could have been okay at two. I don't normally like yellows like this, but while I was toothpaste shopping this one was just calling my name. I think because it's so sunny outside and this just looked so cheery.



Here's Cancun topped with one coat of its accompanying shimmer polish, Cozumel. I really like the way this looks. Cozumel somehow makes Cancun appear a little softer and not so stark.


I think this would be super, super gorgeous over black or blue. It's just a really beautiful lemony yellow iridescent shimmer.


So what do you guys think about these polishes? Yellow normally isn't my jam, but I'm kind of diggin' this.

I've got to tell you guys that a lot of shit has just converged this weekend. My mom's aunt died. They were very close and my mother is very distraught, understandably. I need to take her to the airport tomorrow morning so she can fly to Chicago for the funeral. That's at around 7am. At 7pm I need to go get my boyfriend from the airport, who is coming back from a surfing trip. He has been in Costa Rica for the past week. Yesterday he apparently fell and hit his head really hard on his board. He has a bunch of stitches. Hopefully he's alright, but I don't really know. He has no phone and his internet connection is unreliable at best. He sent me a quick e-mail to let me know what happened but I haven't heard from him since. Sigh.

On that lovely note, today is the last day to enter my giveaway. Haven't entered yet? Click here to take you to the entry post, which will explain everything you need to do in order to have a chance to win. I was going to pick the winner tonight and announce who it is tomorrow morning, but I have decided that I will be announcing who has won on Monday. I just need more time to get my shit together. Hopefully you guys don't mind! I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

9 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of you ladies who can wear yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yellow is rocking! I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss, and I hope your BF recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your swatches (especially with the shimmer), but I still feel a bit iffy about wearing yellow on my nails. I'll have to give it a try though; I'm really digging this new Wet N Wild collection. Sorry to hear about the recent events but hope everything will turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great on you!! Hugs to your mom, and I hope BF is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, take your time. Real life is more important than the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those WetnWild polishes you've shown recently has me salivating. I think I need to get them all. Don't know what it is, but the whole collection ha just gotten me "Woah, must have" like a teen with her first allowance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow im loving WetnWild polishes color u been post lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really beautiful yellow, especially with the matching shimmer coat. Sorry to hear about what happened. :(
    Did I also mention that I absolutely love OPI's Suzi Says Feng Shui? It's an amazing colour, and I noticed that you blogged about it not long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like both of these: the blue and the yellow! The yellow reminds me of Lemonaide Stand By Your Man by OPI, but opaque, which I like. I will keep my eye out for these guys because I've been loving what I see so far!

    I really wanna post about the ring and what I'm wearing now: Sheer Your Toys, but I can't because I forgot my digital camera and I'm at my Dad's house for my brother's graduation =( POOP. I'll just have to do it when I get back, I guess!

    Have a great day, Hope you are having fun with boyfriend, and that his head is ok!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!