Saturday, May 15, 2010

*New* Wet n Wild Craze: Maui and Kauai

Ah, happy Saturday. I just got back from dropping my mom off at the airport. I was up at the crack of 6am. I deliriously put my contacts in, put on a hoodie and some giant sunglasses and drove to the airport with my mom chattering in my ear the entire time. Ugh, so tired. Then I stumbled into Starbucks an hour later, still wearing my giant sunglasses. Then I stumbled into the grocery store clutching a soy latte and wandered the aisles picking up random stuff I thought I might need. You know, InStyle, nail polish, a new mascara...plus other non-essential items like bread and milk. Now I'm home and I'm watching Sex and the City on DVD. I don't usually post on Saturdays or Sundays, but I thought I might as well since I'm relaxing.


Wet n Wild Craze Maui

Maui is a really nice sky blue creme. Originally I thought it might be identical to what I would consider to be the epitome of sky blue, Essie Shelter Island, but after comparing the bottles I decided that Maui was a couple shades darker and therefore an on-nail comparison was unwarranted. The best way I can think to describe this color is...crisp. I'm not sure why, but that's the word that comes to mind. The formula on this was quite good. It wasn't too thin or too thick and this only required two coats.



And here is Maui again topped with one thin coat of its accompanying shimmer polish Kauai. Kauai is this blue-ish iridescent shimmer that kind of looks like it flashes green in the bottle. It reminds me of a mermaid. Again I will tell you that this would probably look kind of awesome over black. I think I'll probably have to do a skittles manicure after I'm done with these Wet n Wilds of the shimmers over black. Anyway, this blue is nice, but not really me. I like a more subdued blue. If you'll remember, though, I usually like to wear blue when I see my boyfriend because he normally has positive reactions to it. He probably won't notice, but that's alright. Ugh, I can't believe I have to go back to the airport tonight. Torture, I swear.

Anyway, how do you guys feel about this blue combination? Love it, hate it? I'm going to pick my giveaway winner in a bit, after I print out my little Excel spreadsheet ;) Have a great weekend, everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love this combo!! Blue has always been one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot dang, I like that too. Darnit Steph! You're bad for my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! And it's not expensive either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! And I probably can't get to the post office until Monday or Tuesday ]: My car is dead at the moment and I'm stranded out in the county until my stepdad gets it fixed. I could probably actually go with my mom on Monday though because she always goes to the post office Monday mornings. Sorry, I'll get it sent as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I love blue.
    2. I collect nail polish with Hawaii-themed names.

    1+2=I want both of them! Sadly, I have yet to find *any* of the WnW Craze line around here (in Hawaii, lol). They look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have liked to see Maui as a pink cream with Kauai as purple glitter because those are the colors associated with those islands. That said, these are gorgeous blues! They look a bit bright to me so I don't know how often I'd wear them, but they are lovely oceany blues. Especially layered it reminds me of the beach in summertime. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blah! I told it million times, I don't wear blue. Maybe should you make a mix of colors and effects. The purple shimmer over the blue creme, the yellow shimmer over the purple/pink creme... let's multiply pleasure!

    Do you see your boyfriend shortly?

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovin this! i love me some blues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Too many spunky blues being posted over blogs*
    [insanely jealous]
    Nice colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love blue polishes, but I dont own that much of them. They look great on you though, beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh they look great layered together. Never seen WnW polishes in New Zealand tho. And Hawaii is an awesome place so naming pretty polishes after it seems great

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love those 2 together

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow I love that bright blue! putting it on the list!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!