Tuesday, May 11, 2010

*NEW* Wet n Wild Craze Polishes: HAUL

Haulosaurus! RAWR! Yesterday I went out looking for more bottles of Hidden Treasure. I failed at that hunt which is annoying. I went to several drug stores and turned up zero bottles. Oh well. At one of the drug stores I went to I spied a new Wet n Wild display. I bought several polishes. This post is going to be quite picture-heavy. First, here's one of the polishes.

Here's the first color, Aruba. It's a purply pink creme quite similar to Essie's Splash of Grenadine.

The concept of this collection is that each creme color has a corresponding shimmer polish. I think they are meant for layering because most of the shimmers looked quite sheer. This purply-pink polish, Aruba, was paired with a sheer purple shimmer, Barbados. I layered one coat of Barbados over three of Aruba.



Isn't this pretty? The formula on Aruba was very thin and not too pigmented. It definitely required three coats. It's extremely similar to Splash of Grenadine, just a touch purpler. I did a comparison on two fake nails so if anyone is super interested let me know and I will certainly post an image.


Here is the display that I found, almost completely full. Only one polish missing! These are in the same vein as the Craze polishes released last summer; similar bottles and everything. Here's what I bought:

Tahiti, Bora Bora, Aruba and Barbados

Maui, Kuai, Bali, Sumatra

I also picked up three Shrek polishes yesterday: Fiercely Fiona, Who the Shrek Are You? and What's With the Cattitude? I was dead set on getting the minis, which included these colors plus the light purple, but when I was holding them they just looked so small and sad. I got the full sizes of the ones I really wanted instead.

Okay, so back to these new Craze polishes. First, the stem on the brush is insanely short. INSANELY short. See?



Teeny tiny! I mean, adorable, but teeny tiny! These cost $1.99, which is a little steep for how big they are, but I shelled out gladly anyway. Look at how cute the printed caps are. Have you noticed any other differences between these Crazes and the ones released last summer? Let's compare one of our new little friends to one of our old little friends, shall we?

Yeah, that's right. It's a lot smaller for the same price. That's Bali on the left and Morbid on the right.

Our new little friend is .22 fl. oz. while our older dear friend is .34 fl. oz.

I mean, it's not that big a deal to me. $1.99 for a polish with a really cute bottle and fun and interesting colors isn't so bad. I'm pretty excited to try all of the ones I bought. I really like the layering concept; Milani had a collection like that last summer. I also like the destination-themed names. Very cute. I really wanted Aruba to be paired with Jamaica, though, like that Beach Boys song Kokomo :) Too bad.

Thanks for sticking with me through a super-long post. I was excited to show you guys these! They're so adorable. I'm sure they'll be hitting most drug store shelves before too long. Has anyone else seen these? I was so happy when I spotted them. One last thing: don't forget to enter my giveaway! It ends this Friday night at 11:59pm EST. Haven't entered yet? Clicking here is the first step.

21 comments:

  1. i saw these the other day & i was gunna pick them up..but i didnt. im going back to the stores in a bit..i'll definitely pick them up this time! haha its a bummer that the size is soooo small now...butttt...it'll do, i guess.. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I really liked the colors you showed but the original brush is already too tiny for me. I don't think I can handle even a smaller one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Kokomo is in my head. Thanks :P

    Those look fun, I'll have to look for them. I love the names!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the WnW are just way too cute! Love the color in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen these yet, but I would love to see a comparison of Essie Splash of Grenadine and Aruba :). Tahiti looks like a really cute color, if I come across these I'll have to pick that one up. And I love their summery names.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these yesterday at Walgreens! Except they didn't have a display out, just some on the wet n wild shelf. Sadly they only had the shimmers.
    The bottles are super cute though! But I can't believe how short the stems are! Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for these all over the place! Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These colors are great , but I do not like the new smaller size, I mean they could have at least lowered the cost? That pink/purple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah ah, that brush is a dwarf. How did you manage to paint your nails correctly with such a brush?? I would have made a total piggy carnage. Ah ah! But it's not hard for me to be a piggy.

    I'm not too fond of that kind of pink/purple creme color but I must that that topped with the shimmer, it's beautiful.

    I bought Who the Shrek Are You?. Do you think I need Fiercely Fiona? I haven't been able to decide. Seeing them in real life would have helped me but I don't have the possibility to see polishes in person. Hmm.... *scratch head*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw these at Meijer and couldn't believe how small they were! Plus, I totally didn't pick up on the fact that some were meant to be layered over others. I guess it's a pass for me ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, but omg, so small. I'm surprised they're even smaller than the other craze polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. omgggg cuteee bottle.. really want to try it !!! even tho its hard for me to get this brand.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. man, wet n wild has really been stepping up lately; can't wait to find these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the first colour. Strange brush though... lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dude! I did not know about these new Craze colors! I have to go on a hunt now. Thanks for showing these, they are seriously awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your drugstores have the frikken best stuff. I AM SO JEALOUS. I will probably never see these anywhere. Lame. I really like the splash of grenadine dupe! And all the other colors. Can't wait to see the coral on you =)

    I haven't seen the Shrek display anywhere either. Ugh. Davis is living in the past, man. haha.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice selection of colors. I almost find the brush-size cute, portable nailpolish. Well, as if nailpolish wasn't portable as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the new Wet n Wild colors! The bottles are cute too, even though the brush is ridiculously small. I think I will have to get past the brush and go buy some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried to contact Markins about the size reduction while keeping the same price. The form submission button is not working on their site.

    ReplyDelete
  20. aaaa i'm jealous! i would buy every single one i could lay my hands on haha these polishes are my favourite

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!