Wednesday, May 19, 2010

OPI Fiercely Fiona

Good morning, good morning. The sun is actually out today, but I am not anticipating that it will be out for very long. I have another Shrek polish for you today, and this is actually the one I was most excited about.



Here is Fiercely Fiona. And it's...weird. I knew it would be weird when I bought it, though, so that's okay. It's yellow with some green thrown in, so...I'm not exactly sure who this would flatter. Maybe someone with a darker skintone, but I don't think so. My logic with Fiercely Fiona is the same as my logic with Sally Hansen Forsythia, if you'll remember: it looks like crap on me, but I love it so I'm gonna wear it anyway. It's so unique and...well, I can't call it pretty. We'll stick with unique. Wondering how it compares to a "true" yellow?

Here is Fiercely Fiona on the left and OPI Banana Bandanna on the right. See how Fiercely Fiona definitely looks green-y next to a "real" yellow?


Fiercely Fiona on my middle and pinky nails and Banana Bandanna on my pointer and ring fingers

Yep, definitely tinged with green. Oh, I should mention that I didn't like the formula on Fiercely Fiona. For the manicure above I used three and a half coats; yep, three and a half. I got cuticle drag on some nails with three coats, so I touched up the ones that needed it with a fourth. Banana Bandanna also needs four coats, but that's to be expected with a yellow, right? I kind of want to do a full manicure with Banana Bandanna; it's so pretty and soft and with a secret shimmer.

One more thing. I added a coat of Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure to What's With the Cattitude? yesterday.

Gorgeous, but it definitely looked better in real life

And one coat of Hidden Treasure to Fiercely Fiona today.



Okay, that's all for today. So tell me: who got Fiercely Fiona? Does it actually look good on anyone? Will you be picking it up? Are you sick of seeing me putting Hidden Treasure over everything? No wonder I needed a backup bottle...

9 comments:

  1. I like Fiercely Fiona but I haven't had a chance to wear it yet! Maybe tomorrow :) I think it looks great with the flakes over it! Also, I think I like it better than Bandanna Banana! It's just more interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You are the best my girlie. No one did the comparison with Banana Bandanna and I really wanted to see it.

    Now call me weird, but I love Fiercely Fiona. I didn't buy it (I don't know why - I wasn't sure it'd do well with my skintone and all the scars on my hands) but it's especially because it's a sick yellow that I love it. Ok I want Banana Bandanna now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Fiercely Fiona, What's With the Cattitude, and Funky Dunkey, and I had issues galore with FF. It must have taken me four or five coats just to even it out, and even then I didn't keep it on my nails very long.

    What's With the Cattitude was one that I had just about as much trouble with, but at least it's more flattering on me than FF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HT over FF would help to combat any imperfections. I am going off cremes. There are so many this spring and they do highlight ridges and application errors. Keep on coming with the HT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comparison! I always thought fiercely fiona was just another yellow polish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really into this color. I don't know why. You're right, it's not flattering, and not even pretty. But I like it. I want it. Haha.

    I bought these coral shorts from a thrift store yesterday, and I'm wearing them today. Everyone is staring at me. I think it's because they are mom shorts. DGAF I LOVE THEM. haha. You'd probably love them too since, well, they're coral =D

    <3

    p.s. I like what's with the cattitude on you! Not for me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although your post is from May, I had to comment!
    I thought I was going crazy the both times I applied Fiercely Fiona on my nails; I swore it had a green-ish tint. Your post has made me realize that I am actually not crazy ;) You have such a thorough review and such pretty nails!
    <3333

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very very late comment... but I had to. I just found a bottle (or three, but I left the rest behind) of Fiercely Fiona in a clearance store, and had to have it. It's terrifying on it's own, and dented really easily, but just like your post, I've added Hidden Treasure to tone it down & cover the imperfections, and I almost love it. Almost. It's still far too bright and not in the least bit flattering, but it's a talking point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your
    blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.

    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so
    people could connect with it better. Youve got an
    awful lot of text for only having 1 or two pictures.

    Maybe you could space it out better?
    Take a look at my web-site ... cocinas modernas

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!