Tuesday, May 18, 2010

OPI What's With the Cattitude? (!)

Good morning, all. Still not sunny here :( The weather tomorrow is supposed to be 70 degrees and partly cloudy, so I'm looking forward to that. Today I've got one of the OPI Shrek polishes for you. I know you've all seen these a million times by now, but you've never seen them on me. And I still have two other ones to show you over the course of the next couple weeks. I'm slow, I guess. Anyway, let me get this out of the way first: I do not like Shrek. I saw the first one and was kind of meh about it. I was shocked when they made a second one. I expected a third one because apparently the series became a money-making machine. Now there's a fourth one? Geez. Maybe I'm in the minority with this opinion. At least I get pretty nail polish out of it.




Here is What's With the Cattitude?, which I would have expected to be orange or something like that. But it's not. It's a super gorgeous pastel baby blue. The second picture in this series of three is the most color-accurate. This color made my camera freak out a little bit; it kept wanting to make it look super bright and almost neon. It's not. It's soft and pretty. Normally I wouldn't buy a blue like this, but I saw it on another blogger before the collection was released and decided that I had to have it. I don't regret my purchase. The formula on this was excellent, especially for a pastel; not streaky at all. I used three coats here, which is kind of par for the course.

I was actually kind of hoping that What's With the Cattitude? would quell my craving for Rescue Beauty Lounge Bikini Bottom, but alas, it has not. I'm thinking of putting an RBL order together soon. I would limit myself to three (I should limit myself to two, but what's the fun in that?). Right now I'm thinking Chinoise (I'm not sure why, but I've been lemming it forever), Bikini Bottom (I feel like it'll be discontinued sometime soon since Ji is getting rid of Square Pants) and Diddy Mow. Who knows if I'll actually pull the trigger. I want to, but that's a lot of monies. And the 50% off sale is so far away...

Well, that's all for today. Boyfriend and I were thinking of going to see How To Train Your Dragon because it has a 98% on RottenTomatoes, which is kind of ridiculously high. I don't think we'll be able to, though. I have to go fetch my mom from the airport at around 2pm and then I have to go to work at 6. This doesn't leave much time for the movies and frivolity. Enough about me, though. Does anyone else have What's With the Cattitude? Did anybody buy it just for the name, because it's adorable? Anyone know of any dupes? I certainly don't, since I don't really collect blues.

K, over 'n out! Love you all!

14 comments:

  1. Oh I love this blue! All blues really... I liked the first Shrek movie! The second was okay but the third was bad. I'll still probably go see this last one. It looks like it could be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty blue!! I love blues. And I like Shrek. I can't believe they're making a 4th one, I think they should be done, but I'll probably see it anyways.
    Good luck trying to get to the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that polish is GORGEOUS!! every time i see swatches of it..i just want to leave my house & hunt it polish down! -too bad this is my week of not buying polishes. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I really like this color! It reminds me of the color I wish the sky was today. I live in Cincinnati, so I feel your pain about the blah weather. How To Train Your Dragon is a phenomenal movie, btw. When you do get to see it, I bet you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like the blue, coz it's too eye-catchy.. *did not dare to use it. =p

    I like all of Shrek movies.. that's funny, but yes, kinda makes me frowning. *ugly princess??that's not sounds like a fairytale.. lol

    thanks for the review.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! You know orange would have made a lot more sense since Puss n Boots is orange..hm. Either or its a beautiful color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about the movie, 4 is too may, I'll see it, but I hope this is IT!

    This color is pretty, I need to get this and the other blue! I agree about the RBL Haul, I need to order more, but I'm holding out for her annual 1/2 off sale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really pretty blue! You're making me want it. Maybe I'll look for a cheap dupe!
    How to Train your Dragon is so friggin cute! It's a really fun movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! It's absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have bought it just for the name, but I love the color, too! I haven't worn it yet, but I'm excited to. I bought the set of minis and decided I needed this in full size.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How to train your dragon was AWESOME. YOU MUST SEE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought a bottle, it was a splurge for me but I love this color. Every time I look at my nails I am blown away by the combo of pretty and edgy. This is the color of Summer 2010 for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG OMG OMG,
    im in looove with this colour, im usually more into china glaze but decided to explore OPI colours, this coulour immediatly caught my eye its gorgeous!
    I bought 3 one for me, my sister and bestfriend!
    If you go out and look for it now, there all sold out :( and the stores not getting any more any time soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!