Thursday, May 06, 2010

Sally Hansen Salon Hidden Treasure (!)

Yesterday I decided to go to the Walgreens where I had found the L'Oreal North Fake collection, the Maybelline Salsa Sun collection, and a bunch of other new spring stuff. I went in hopes that I would find Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure. When I got there I found the new Sally Hansen display, but the Hidden Treasure slot was empty. I became irrationally enraged. Seriously. How dare two other people buy my bottles of Hidden Treasure? How dare they? I got in my car and stopped at two other drug stores on my way home. At the last one I finally found one bottle of Hidden Treasure; the new Sally Hansen Salon polishes were also buy one get one 50% off. My rage subsided a bit.





By the time I got home and slapped this on my rage was completely gone. Hidden Treasure is happy sauce. This is one coat (!) over Rescue Beauty Lounge Drifter. I was distressed for a hot minute about putting something over an immaculate RBL creme, but I was desperate for some flaky goodness. All in all I think I've got on...six coats of polish (base, two of Drifter, Seche, Hidden Treasure, Seche) and it completely survived a night at work. There's tipwear, but no chipping at all. I'm impressed.

I also got Yellow Polka Dot Bikini from Sally's. I loved the effect that Sun Worshipper had so I picked up this one too. It's my only yellow neon 'cause I missed the Essie one from last spring. Hidden Treasure is in the middle and that's Sea and Be Seen on the end.

So yeah. Tiny haul. Not even a haul, really. I'm glad I found Hidden Treasure. It has actually been the easiest to find of all the Tracy Reese special edition blah blah whatevers. It took me FOR-EV-ER to find Opulent Cloud in the fall and don't even get me started on Forsythia.

Who else has found Hidden Treasure? I've been seeing a lot of blog posts about it recently. I kind of want to try it over Zoya Pinta or OPI Sapphire in the Snow and see how it turns out. I know the beautiful Brooke put it over OPI Let Them Eat Rice Cake (one of my favorite polishes of all time) and it looked fabulous. It just goes to show that a polish like Hidden Treasure can be used in dozens of different ways and is totally worth the almost $8 they want you to pay for it (madness). K, sound off. Who has found Hidden Treasure? Is anyone skipping it? I'm sure there's a Nfu-Oh dupe but I'm cheap enough to just drive around wasting gas money looking for the Sally Hansen... :)

Oh, and don't forget about my Sweetest Little Giveaway. You've got until 14 May to enter!

16 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'm going to try looking for Hidden Treasure or not. It looks amazing though! And I LOVE CG Yellow Polka Dot Bikini :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the UK we have GOSH Rainbow as the equivalent and it is impossible IMHO for any polish addict to skip this.
    You can't like (!) vampires and not read Bram Stoker. That kinda thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE that RBL color!! it looks so great with HT! and CG...i walked right past the stand when i was at Sally's the other day. i didnt like any of the polishes..maybe i'll have to do a double take next time. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally found it too, and managed to pick one up for a friend as well. This looks gorgeous over the red! Oh and I loved Brooke's mani too, I just got Let Them Eat Rice Cake and its gorgeous on its own and then with HT over it...drool worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the love my dear! I just snagged an extra bottle of HT that I am hoping to gift to someone that really needs it. lol - the "needs" in the polish world are just FUN! I showed it to my son (he had to come along since I picked him up from school and there is a Walgreens really close) and he actually like it too. he called it a rainbow in a bottle, lol! I don't think I have seen it over anything that didn't look fab! Loving it over your red base color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've bought every bottle of it in my town that I've found. No joke. I LOVE IT. By the dubs, sea and be seen... yeah... be prepared for removal... just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with this polish!!! I am a die hard flakie fan. =)

    It DOES look fantastic over Let Them Eat Rice Cake. I bet I could really put good use to a polish like this. Hmmmmm.

    =)

    HAVE A GOOD DAYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first, I could not find it and was sad, but then it showed up at my Rite Aid and I grabbed it. Then I started seeing it more places and bought a few more bottles for swaps and such. I tried it over deep plum and loved it; yours over Drifter looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oOooH that's pretty! I need to go on a search for that one now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Hidden Treasure looks amazing over dark colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, I need to get my hands on this flaky. Looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waaaant. *Grabby hands* But I might just pick up Nubar 2010 instead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I grabbed several as I went on a hidden treasure hunt. Got 'em up on Ebay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It reminds me of Maybelline Colorama Top Coat #25. Maybe a bit better! I checked on evilbay and it's sold at crazy prices (like 30$). Nah, frankly it's cheaper for me to buy a Nfu-Oh! It's a beautiful polish though and I understand why everyone is so head over heels about it. I wonder why cool polishes are always LE.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I blew it! I found it at Wal Mart, held it in my hand and put it back because I promised my husband I wouldn't buy any more polish. Now I really regret it. I hope it comes in again, sigh. I predict that there will be more polishes like this in the future, as this one is so crazy popular. Nice blog, I like your style....
    I will return!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!