Friday, June 04, 2010

Essie Demure Vixen and Pretty Edgy Comparison

Good morning, everyone. I'm posting early this morning because I have to go into work early. Yuck. Working a morning when you're used to working nights is totally not fun. First thing's first: has everyone heard about my haiku contest? If you haven't, click here. You could win a bottle of Sally Hansen Salon Hidden Treasure.





Here is Demure Vixen from Essie Summer 2010. Lookit how shiny! I didn't like it when I first put it on, but throughout the day it grew on me. I'm still wearing it now. It actually held up pretty well after an evening at work. The base color is this medium-toned dusty mauve that almost reminds me of the way OPI Tickle My France-y looks sometimes. What sets it apart from the rest of the collection is the pink and blue microshimmer. It's not too noticeable most of the time but it's definitely there. I really like this one. It seems nice and work appropriate even though it has shimmer and it's toned down yet somehow kind of edgy at the same time. This was three coats and the formula was very nice.

Speaking of edgy, I have a little comparison with Pretty Edgy for you.


Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Going Green is on my pointer and pinky finger and Pretty Edgy is on my middle and ring fingers. Now, Going Green has green shimmer, that much is apparent, but the base colors on these polishes is extremely similar. If you're not much for cremes and you already have Going Green, I'd say you can skip Pretty Edgy. If you're crazy about greens, get both. If you prefer cremes, get Pretty Edgy. There's obviously a huge price difference, so it's your call. I just wanted to show you guys my findings.

That's all for today. My boss scheduled me to work eight days in a row without a day off and I'm in the middle of that so I'm getting tired. Plus this closing at night and getting there super early in the morning bullshit is kind of terrible. YAWN. Anyway, what do you guys think of Demure Vixen? I feel like I might need a full-sized bottle of it. I really, really like it...

17 comments:

  1. Ooh, WANT. Demure Vixen is really pretty and you captured it well! I'm really liking it. I'm so glad you did a comparison of Pretty Edgy and Going Green - the base color is definitely close! I think I'll probably end up skipping Pretty Edgy because of that - I don't NEED it, so therefore I probably won't get it. ;) And it sucks to go in early in the morning when your schedule is usually at night - hard to make that adjustment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Love those colors :)

    http://theallurehouse.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit! The more I see Demure Vixen, the more it looks like I may have to have it. Pretty Edgy is, well, pretty, but I'm not a huge green fan, so I think I will leave that one on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vixen is beautiful. Whaddya mean - you didn't like it at first?
    I've gone off cremes so Going Green is for me. Like I'm ever getting it in the UK. Ha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I found your blog..is is awesome!

    The essie is beautiful and thanks for the comp pictures was going to get pretty edgy and might not need it now :)

    Please checkout my blog
    nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty! I'm totally buying that on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have fallen so quickly in love with your blog that I find myself reverting to 90's pop and singing this: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/alanismorissette/headoverfeet.html

    Yes, that's Alanis Morissette's head over feat.

    Anyway! You are our fav blog of the moment at my friend Leah and my blog here: http://duckstheblog.blogspot.com/

    :) TGIF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    I love your blog. I follwed you on twitter as well (I'm NanRx2)

    Demure Vixen is gorg! I think I need it for those occasions when I need work-appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy fucking shit I didn't know it had SHIMMER. I must own that. Right now. If it weren't 1 in the morning I'd be running out the door to go buy it. RAWR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im such a sucked for essie, Sally Hansen will never compare!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where can I get the essie color??? Please e-mail me at pliead1@q.com! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where do you purchase the essie nail polish,. love the look of the mauve.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Going to try this...it looks really fun and not overly difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found this page. Can you still get the mauve, essie nail polish? And where?

    ReplyDelete
  15. are those your natural nails or acrylic?

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's funny how things come back around! These two looks are on trend and we can't wait to share them on bellashoot.com!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!