Saturday, June 05, 2010

Essie Knockout Pout

Hello everyone :) It's Saturday and I've already worked this morning so I've got the rest of the day free. Kind of a nice feeling. I don't even know what I'll do! I'm exhausted, though, so it'll probably be a quiet, lazy day. Would you like to win a bottle of Sally Hansen Salon Hidden Treasure? Then click here to enter my haiku contest. It's easy. And fun!

I've got Essie Knockout Pout for you guys today; it's the pink from the collection. Pictures first, opinions second.




So...eh. I'm really not a fan of pink. It looks nice on my fingers in these pictures, but in real life I kind of hate it. One of my co-workers (a male!) even said, "That doesn't suit you." The only pink I've ever enjoyed wearing is $OPI Go With the Flow-er, which I recently posted on. Because I never wear pinks I feel like I'm really bad at describing them. This one isn't quite bubblegum pink...it just reminds me of Barbie. The weird thing about this one is that it's just on the cusp of being neon because it's so bright. It even dries to a satin finish. These images show the polish with three coats of Knockout Pout and one coat of Seche Vite. The formula wasn't great. It was thick and it was difficult to get even. Even after three coats I still couldn't really make it look good on my index finger; I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures. Also, I painted my nails yesterday around 5pm and by 11pm I had a chip on my index finger. I wasn't even doing anything with my hands. Not happy about that.

The only thing that I really like about this polish is its name. Knockout Pout is an adorable name for a pink. Good job on that, Essie. All in all, this isn't a very unique polish so I think that unless you're a pink hoarder (and I know you're out there!) you can probably skip this one. It might make a cute pedicure, but it's definitely not for me.

What do you guys think of Knockout Pout? Are you going to pick it up or skip it? I definitely wouldn't have grabbed it had it not been included in my set of minis. Also, what's everyone doing this weekend? Any fun plans? I could definitely use a nap. See? That's how fun I am.

15 comments:

  1. I used to HATE pink but it's been growing on me lately. I think this one is pretty but I don't think I'll get it. It does look nice on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Jellynat's skip... yet I'm a pink lover. It's cute but indeed that's not you (not me either) and there is a little boring thing in here that I can't pinpoint. An impression of dejà-vu? Those kind of pink always give me the feeling that nothing happens on nails. No depth, no glitter, no shimmer, it's nothing but what it shows: a kind pink surface. Too dark to be soft, too light to be affirmative. Too yellow to be bubblegum, too pink to be coral. Lost in between. Does that make sense?

    Curiously one of my top five polishes is a pink: Essie "Bachelorette Bash". But wait, wait. I l-o-v-e the name and it's a neon rapsberry with a touch of neon purple.

    I've had a nap this afternoon. I ridiculously feel sick and warmth on here doesn't help. Is a life of constant blast a myth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like it. It's got a lot of orange in it, making it peachy. And yea, it totally reminds me of some barbie high heels my barbie had when I was little. All in all though, I wouldn't spend 8 bucks on this pink. Wanna maybe trade it with me? Idk what I could offer you though. hmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsea! I will totally trade ya Knockout Pout for something. Actually I'll just Facebook you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG LOVE THIS!!! I actually want this one more than the green. Imagine that. Me wanting a pink...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of this but I know it wouldn't suit me. ;o(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used this one today and I'm undecided. I added some fimo to it to jazz it up a bit but still just feel bleh about it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm usually more of a dark or neutral polish (Essie Sugar Daddy or OPI Hollywood Blonde) girl myself, but every so often in the summer I'll go for a really bright pink. I chose this color for a pedicure today and I think it looks amazing, even against my not-so-tan skin! It's a really pretty summer color. Not sure if I'd choose it for a mani, but it's sort of hidden away on my toes. Also...spending the $ on the pedi makes me want at least a little attention drawn to my feet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so yes it's more than a year later, but I just discovered this polish and your blog (very nice job :-) & I kinda love the color. I stumbled onto it at the nail salon, got a mani & had to go back for seconds via pedi. now I'm gonna skulk around stores to see if I can still buy a bottle for my very own. .

    ReplyDelete
  10. What type of topcoat do you use? Mine always ends up bubbly on my nails :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It said she used 3 coats of the color and one coat of seche vite

      Delete
    2. I either use Seche Vite or Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. Seche Vite is definitely my favorite, though.

      Delete
  11. Is the color true to these pictures? I'm a ginger and I need a good pink! But fuchsia and, well, pretty much any other shade of pink I've found looks simply disastrous on me. I like this color! I don't have ANY good pinks and I think I need at least one. So back to my question. Are these pictures quite accurate in showing the color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, from what I remember these photos are color-accurate.

      Delete
    2. Fantastic! Thank you :)

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!