Saturday, June 19, 2010

Essie Retro Red

Mornin', all. It turns out that I didn't have to work as late as I thought I did last night. The whole thing turned out to be pretty fun. There was a girl there doing face-painting and she painted me to look like a kitty. Heh. Yay! Anyway, quick post today. I didn't do any clean-up and I was a bit messy. Sorry about that.


This is Essie Retro Red. It's probably difficult to find anymore because it was an Ulta exclusive from 2008. It was included in a three-piece collection with two purples. Retro Red is nothing special. I purchased it for two reasons: 1.) the name, and 2.) it was ninety-nine cents at Ulta. It's a medium-toned jelly red, not too orange and not too blue. Also, not too interesting. Pretty, though.


So I added a coat of Hidden Treasure to it. Now it looks like fire or something. I really like this combination. It reminds me of the Fire Gang from Labyrinth. Man, now I really want to watch Labyrinth.

Alright, that's all for today. I told you this would be short. I have work in thirty minutes and I have to scrounge up some food before then. I CANNOT WAIT until I can drink many, many shots of fresh, delicious espresso. Thirty minutes and counting...

10 comments:

  1. Hidden Treasure is awesome over reds! Its one of my favorite combos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of you are teasing me with this SH Hidden Treasure... Grrrr... :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does look like fire with the Hidden Treasure over it, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing special. But I love it.
    I love it. But nothing special.

    I'm so easy to satisfy when it comes to red. Any is good and they all almost look the same to me. Replacable. But they never get my heart anyway: how many look like this one that could replace it? Too many. I'm turning into some kind of romance bad writer today. Wait a bit and without any kind of transition I'll tell you a story with a tall guy (blond or brown, your preference) who arrive on a white horse (a mare of course) to rescue you from a devastating storm. And there'll be water drops on his chest, his shirt will be sticky and oh. I love it with Hidden Treasure over it. It's like a BURNING fire.

    No kitty painted face of Steph? Me sad marmot! (yeah, I read your lexicon last night. I'm a true Swiss Army knife made woman: blog pollution, bad romance writer AND stalker).

    (please save me from myself) :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like both of these looks. Even though I'm not a red gal, it does look like fire. or LAVA haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Hidden Treasure over reds, it looks like cinnamon Jelly Bellys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is really similar to the fire, and I love this effect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Labyrinth is one of my favourite movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap, Retro Red and Hidden Treasure together is unbelieveable!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!