Saturday, June 26, 2010

Maybelline Purple Comet

Sorry for my sporadic absence. Usually I like to post every weekday, but this week turned out to be weird, work schedule-wise. I'll be back to my regularly scheduled posting come Monday, no worries. Yesterday when I got to work in the morning I read my horoscope (Sagittarius): five-star day! I was excited. I had a great time at work and then at noon my friend Amber picked me up so we could head to the outlet mall about an hour away. After some navigational errors we got there. And it was awesome. I ended up with three MAC lipsticks (Electro, Exhibitionist, Red Full-Stop) and I wanted to buy a new wallet. But I didn't. When I got home I had a package waiting for me from Kelsea of kelsealaurel. A generous package. I didn't photograph the entire thing because as soon as I opened it I compulsively put polishes into Helmer. They're all sorted now, but over the next few days I'll show you what she sent me :) Here's the first polish I chose to wear from Kelsea's package.


This is Maybelline Purple Comet. I was immediately attracted to it. I really love the base color. It reminds me a bit of Wet n Wild Rain Check, one of the new Wild Shines. If you look closely it's a bit brushstroke-y, but that doesn't bother me. There are big chunks of silver glitter in this little guy, so it looks really interesting in the sunlight. Sparkly! Purple Comet was pretty sheer; I used three coats. It's an old formula Maybelline, obviously, so it smelled interesting and it's probably giving me cancer or something as I wear it. Ah well. c'est la vie. Beauty is pain, or so they say.

Also in the package was a ring that Kelsea made for me. It makes my hand look like Salvador Dali. And I love it.

What do you think? Surrealist? Does my hand look more dignified with its mustache? I feel like my hand needs a jacket with elbow-patches and a pipe to smoke.


My hand aspires to be this incredible. Anyway, thank you Kelsea. Everything was so sweet of you. It's really overwhelming when someone goes to the trouble to make something for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

That's all for right now. My parents and I went out to dinner for their birthdays last night (my dad's is tomorrow and my mom's was the 23rd) so I didn't end up going out with my buddies. It turned out to be a good thing since I passed out at around midnight. I think I'm still catching up on sleep. I still feel groggy. Ugh. I hope everyone has a beyond fantastic weekend and I'll see you all on Monday!

7 comments:

  1. O_O!! love the ring!! and the nail color~

    ReplyDelete
  2. this polish is really sparkling!!And the ring is very funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ring is awesome!!! I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that ring is awesome! It's just so you.
    How did I not know you were a sister Sag? Or maybe I did, and it was just lurking in the back ofmy befuddled brain...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Nicole! Sagittarius! I'm actually on the cusp of Sagittarius and Scorpio. November 24.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that nail polish on you! I'm super glad you like it. Also, the rind looks amazing. Your hand looks so dignified! When I wear it I wear it the other way around but I might start wearing it that way! Lovessss youuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a Sag too! Great post, love the color and the ring! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!