Tuesday, June 08, 2010

New Petites Color Fever Periwinkle

Hey guys. I'm late in my post today and I hate being late. I run on a schedule. However...I slept until noon today. Noon! I feel like I'm in college again. I was out way too late and it took me way too long to get to sleep when I finally reached my bed. Anyway, I'm finally up and showered and polished, so it's bloggy time.





This is Periwinkle from the new Petites line. I found this at Rite-Aid and I'm pretty sure you'd probably be able to find them at Wal-Mart too. The issue I have with these polishes is that they are very small, about half the size of an OPI, but they're $3.99. That's a little steep. But this color...I love this color. Indoors it looks like kind of a blue-gray, but outside it definitely has purple undertones. It's so beautiful and stormy and moody. The formula was perfection. I only needed two coats and it was just perfectly pigmented. I couldn't be happier with this little guy. Isn't it nice? I don't have another polish that looks like this...at least I don't think so. I'm a bad dupe-hunter, though.

Shit, I'm so tired. I finally have a day off tomorrow. Finally! I don't even know what I'll do with myself with a day off. I've been so tired constantly lately that this has been happening:


I've been clearing off shelves and trying to fit my ass into really small places just so I can sit. That's my new favorite spot, right under the espresso grinder.

Anyway, that's all for today. Has anyone else picked up any of the new Petites polishes? I wonder if the quality of all of them matches the quality of Periwinkle. If so, I might be getting my ass back to Rite-Aid soon. They had a pretty good selection of colors. Also, if you haven't entered my haiku contest click here. I'm giving away at least one bottle of Hidden Treasure and you've got until June 11th to enter. Haiku away!

17 comments:

  1. Get some sleep!

    This looks beautiful on you. Apparently when I bought this I didn't know it was a dupe for CHI In Between the Sheets. But it's such a great color, I don't mind having two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty grey-blue-lavender. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is just BEAUTIFUL! looks amazing on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that color on you. Don't think I'd shell out so much for so little polish though. I'm too cheap =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few of the little bitty original Petites and while most of the ones I have are just okay I am IN LOVE with Tahitian Green. I think it was only $1 too. I got mine at Wal-Mart. Link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Petites-Tahitian-Green-473-Nail-Polish/14312771 I also rediscovered Pure ICE polish recently and have been pretty surprised by the quality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soo want a lavender. This is now on my list. It really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In France, it'd be sold around 7 euros or something like that (around 8$). So 3,99$ for half an OPI? That's cheapo for a French girl like me.

    I've never seen a color like that - I like this cold muted colors. Grey enough not to be blue, it looks like a storm sky.

    (Oh, I see that a Steph doll is really convenient, you can put her into small places, eh eh eh eh eh eh eh) - If I was there, I'd go girl shopping with you tomorrow! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have this. i love this. i have bought this for people. it is expensive for ds polish, but is so awesome its worth it.

    also try it with a flakie like HT, it looks awesome! >>> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/4526638776_40071e8f2a.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! love it! and yes, as rach said it looks like a dupe for chi in between the sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo pretty, I agree about the polish, the size and the price. It nice, but small and a little steep at 3.99..I have black diamond.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting this link on my blog. I was in Rite-Aid today and bought two bottles of this polish. You saved me some $$.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you're looking for an excellent contextual ad network, I suggest that you check out Chitika.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!