Thursday, June 10, 2010

OPI Miso Happy With This Color

Good morning, guys. My day off yesterday went way too quickly, but it was a good one. I have work again tonight but I do feel a little bit recharged so I guess that's good, right? Today I've got a work appropriate nude for you and I'm not sure that I'm crazy about it...




Here we have an old black label OPI from the 2005 Japan collection, Miso Happy With This Color. This collection had three nudes and I would very much like to own all three. Miso Happy With This Color is the red-toned nude, Let Them Eat Rice Cake (which I have) is blue-toned, and Have A Tempura Tantrum is yellow-toned. I don't have Tempura Tantrum, so if anyone has it and is willing to part with it, e-mail me. I'll trade ya. Anyway, it's not that I don't like the color of Miso. I do. It's nice. It's just that the application pissed me off. The formula was runnier than I'm used to from OPI so the polish kind of pooled in my cuticles. After three coats it's still not even. I do like the color very much, just not as much as Let Them Eat Rice Cake. This polish does make my hands look rather clean and elegant and I do think this is a great option if you work in a conservative office where something like Rescue Beauty Lounge Chinoise is simply out of the question. I can't remember where I got this little guy. I do know that it's discontinued and therefore probably difficult to find, just like the other two nudes from this collection.

So I've got something else to share with you guys today...a video! Yesterday I went and picked up those new Spin Pins from Goody and I loved them so much that I wanted to do a little video review just so you can see how easy they are to use. It's a very short vid, about three minutes.

video

And just for reference, here's a picture of me with my hair down and gigantic (it was very humid yesterday).


If these pins can contain the hot mess that is my hair, then I think they'll work for most people. Also, for reference here is the box in which the pins come.


I probably should have flipped that picture around, but you guys get the idea. Anyway, I hope my little rave review helped anyone who was on the fence about these! I love them and I just wanted to share that with you all.

So, what do you guys think about Miso Happy With This Color? By the way, here is a hilarious (and true) blog post about the name of that polish. It made me laugh and nod wisely. Has anyone else tried these little Goody Spin Pins? Let me know in the comments, k? Have a great day, guys!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I should tell my sister about those spin pins. She might be interested in them. I totally would've used those but I chopped off my hair, haha.

    That polish looks very nice on you Steff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.

    Giant Eagle.

    I miss living in Ohio.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that color. Great mani.
    You would think those twisty things would break your hair. Glad they work for you though. I had LONG LONG hair when I was a young whipper snapper.
    You're great with videos.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft, clean, neat. I adore that color - what a surprise eh. I don't have the one you seek. I've had it on my wishlist but couldn't find it so I abandonned.

    Thank you for the video! I enjoyed seeing you, Steph! You're not like I imagined. I prefer you with hair down and gigantic. That's very feminine. I LOVE long hair (I wouldn't have mine long if not).

    Oh, looks like it's sunny again in Pleasantville. On here it's raining for days now... Bad bad for swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color! and those pins are awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, "bitchin' aviators"! I really like those pins, I'd love to try them. Wish we had Target in the UK! I'm gonna keep my eye out for them over here. Do they have them for brunettes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your video =)

    I think I'm in love with both you and that color on your nails. Hurrayyyy!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!