Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sally Hansen HD DVD

Good morning, all. Ugh, I am definitely off to a slow start today. When I woke up I still felt groggy and weird so I tried to sleep a bit longer. That was a mistake. Now I feel groggier and weirder. I've got a gorgeous polish for you today that just does not translate well on camera, especially when it's not sunny (ie today). I was planning on waiting until there was sunshine to wear any of my new Sally Hansen HDs but it just didn't work out that way.


This is one of the new Sally Hansen HDs, DVD. A camera can literally not do this polish any justice. It's a duochrome, looking purple at some angles, turquoise at some angles and blue at most angles. It's basically made up of little glitter particles. It applied quite sheerly; it required three coats and in the right light you can probably still see VNL. Most of the time I can't. It just glows in low light. It's...beautiful. You can find these HDs at most drug stores right now and they go for something like $6.29. If you're a fan of blue or purple, get this one. You won't regret it. I think it would also look great over black.

A couple other things. My friend used her huge discount to get me a little ring from Chico's. She knows how much I love animal rings so she thought I might need a new little friend. I totally needed a new little friend.


So here he is. I kind of love him. Also, in that last picture you can see the polish glowing. Isn't it gorgeous? Do you guys like my tiny octopus friend? :) He's so pleasant and happy-looking on my hand.

One last thing. New sunglasses.


Aztec print wayfarers, Urban Outfitters, $14. Holy crap, these sunglasses are ridiculously amazing. I'll try to get a better picture of them someday. Also, that's MAC Lady Danger on my lips.

Sigh. My mom has been sick. She was home yesterday and she's home today. She's not in the best of moods so I have to cut this post short so that I can get dressed and get her soup. I lead...an exciting life. Who has some of these new Sally Hansens? What are your favorites?

19 comments:

  1. love that ring! what's VNL? not down with the lingo 0:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that polish! And that ring is awesome, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely polish, ring too, but it's just a little too blingy blingy for me. :) I would love to see your collection of these fabulous sunglasses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that ring. i have the hd. havent tried it yet. looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. - great polish
    - super cute ring
    - too much rain over Ohio imo
    - awesome glasses
    - sexy red lips (blonde + red = eternal perfect combo)
    - me weird too today and super tired
    - currently handcrafting something especially for you so expect a little delay on you-know-what (hopefully it'll turn out well)
    - see you tomorrow, hun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cute little octopus friend needs a name!!
    That is a really fun nail polish. I'm enjoying looking at it!
    Lady Danger looks freaking awesome on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh. The polish is gorgeous. The ring is awesome and these wayfarers remind me of some new Ray-Bans I've seen in a magazine over here in England - only 10x cheaper of course! Lol. GREAT post.

    www.matildasmanis.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. both polish and ring are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ring is soooo precious!!! And I do agree that the lipstick makes you the ultimate blond bombshell. :)

    I have one or two of the HD polishes. Sadly, they have been buried in the haul stash. sigh...the addiction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post made me feel a little better about my absolutely shitty day. So thanks for that! I love HD DVD. That was the one I really wanted to buy, but couldn't make myself shell out $7 for it. Oh well.

    Love those sunglasses. But more importantly, I love that ring. I absolutely love octopuses..... octopi... whatever. They are fantastic.

    Have a good rest of your day. I hope your mom feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OoooAHH. I'm dying for the two blues that I've seen in this collection, I cannot wait until things pan out here! Haha. Every swatch I've seen glowing on someone's nails just makes me want it worse. Looks fantastic on you! And I think that octopus is TOO adorable and perfect for you!
    Haha, I love the glasses too - but your lip color is the real eye catcher in that photo, honestly. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thanks guys! I'm completely obsessed with this Lady Danger lipstick.

    Anonymous, "VNL" means visible nail line. If you can see VNL that's just another way of saying that the polish is sheer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Spectrum and it is just as gorgeous as DVD. Which I now need, having seen it on several blogs.

    Your new fiend is adorable. Enjoy him. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I meant friend. Sorry about that.

    I can no longer type.

    Time for bed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. New reader here. I have that DVD and love it. I got it about a month ago and now it's nowhere to be found. I've been trying to find it for a friend so she doesn't steal mine when she's here! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Got DVD a couple of days ago, and put it over Sally Hansen INSTA-DRI Grape Going and it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!