Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Purple Pizzazz

Morning all. It was supposed to rain all day today but it's sunny right now. I'm glad :) I could use a cafe au lait. I think it might be time for a Starbucks run after this post...so you know what that means. That's right! A short post.


Good lord, it took me foreeeeeeeeeever to wear this little guy. I got Purple Pizzazz when the new Sally Hansen Xtreme Wears came out, and that was definitely in the December 2009/January 2010 timeframe. When these got released Purple Pizzazz was all over the blogosphere. And y'know why? Because it really is awesome. It's a really gorgeous blue-leaning purple JELLY with irregularly shaped gold and maybe pink glitter. Holy shitballs, this polish is gorgeous. I know that in my photos my nail line is very, very visible, but in real life it's not like that. In reality I can see my nail line a tiny bit, but only if I look really closely. I used three coats here and application was surprisingly easy. I feel like the Xtreme Wears tend to become thicker the longer you have the bottle open. I didn't have that issue with Purple Pizzazz. I do notice a similar scent with all of the Xtreme Wears; kind of a burning plastic smell. It's weird. Less noticeable with this polish, though. Some of the new cremes from that line just stink. Literally.

I'm trying to think of something else I can say to amuse you guys but I'm coming up short. Y'know what's exciting, though? Yesterday I went to Sephora and I was interested in buying an eyeshadow from Make Up For Ever in an obscenely bright pink. They were out of the shadow, though, so I asked one of the employees if they had another one in the back. She said no, and then she just GAVE ME hot pink loose pigment from Make Up For Ever. She said it was discontinued so they aren't supposed to sell it. It's a pretty sizable jar and the color is just ridiculous. I looooooove it. And it was freeeee! I lined my eyes with it last night. I'm excited to try more with it.

Errand-running time! What do you guys think of Purple Pizzazz? Worth $1.99?

8 comments:

  1. Purple Pizzazz looks very pretty! I just might have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to you at Sephora would NEVER happen in France. Giving something free at Sephora or anywhere else? They'd rather trash it twice rather than making someone surprisingly happy. And that's why I don't like my country.

    I have an insane eyeshadow from MAC called Post Haste. It's almost similar to Passionate. I'll make a look sometimes with that insane bright reddish fuschia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love this & absolutely love it :D

    -Kathy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could find this up here. damn you sally! it's lovely for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I really like it! I'm driving back up to Davis today which meansssssss I GET MY PACKAGE TODAY! I'm so excited. I picked out a bunch of stuff I'm gonna send you so I can do that hopefully tomorrow! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since you love coffee so much, thought you would enjoy this site!

    http://artinmycoffee.com/

    Wooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, free pressies are always a nice, unexpected surprise! $2? Lol. These are $8 in Oz I think. Only a very limited range though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo, I never knew what Purple Pizzazz looked like, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!