Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sephora by OPI Under My Trench Coat

Remember how I said I'd be back to my regular posting on Monday? Well, I lied. I've been having kind of an interesting few days and the rest of this week is likely to remain interesting. I'm going to our annual family reunion on Thursday night and I won't be back until Sunday evening, when I have to work (yes, I'm working on the Fourth of July...and I don't get time and a half; that's kind of weird). The place where I'm going is called Apple Valley, Ohio and I will have no phone service or internet. The worst part of that is the no phone thing; my phone is practically an extension of me, so it's weird when I can't use it for texting or e-mail-checking. Ah well. Hopefully I'll survive. I felt bad not posting Sunday or Monday, so I'm here at Coffee Inc. using the internet before my shift starts. This'll be short and sweet.


Here is $OPI Under My Trench Coat. It came out in the fall of 2009 in a film noir themed collection. I love, love, love this polish. I've been wearing it for three days and I'm still not sick of it. It's a nice taupe-y grayish brown with really beautiful gold shimmer. The application was very, very easy, even with the non-pro-wide skinny $OPI brush that I usually despise. The formula was great. It stayed where I put it, not too thick or too thin, and it dried quickly. Win! I've worn this color a few times since I've gotten it and it never disappoints. I love the name, too. Very cute.


The other night my mom and I ended up doing our nails together and she was very excited about the prospect of being featured on my blog. Here's the color I chose for her, Essie Splash of Grenadine. She loves it. She has been raving about it since she put it on. I need to buy her her own bottle because...I love it too. As we all know.


And here are our mother-daughter handsies. My fingers look inordinately long. Aren't we just the cutest?

God, I am so tired. I got home last night at like 4:30 in the morning. I also had this conversation last night with a buddy:
Me: You think about me?
Him: Yeah, I think about you.
Me: Well, like what? What do you think about me?
Him: I don't know. Just, oh, this is funny. Steff would like this. Or, I wish Steff could see this. Or, I wonder if Steff is buying makeup right now.

Har har har. I do have a problem. I keep buying all this lipstick and eye stuff. It doesn't help that the new Urban Decay fall neutral palettes just came out. My credit card, it cries. Yesterday at Sephora the saleschick asked me for my Beauty Insider information and proceeded to say, "I don't know why I don't have your birthday memorized yet. You're in here all the time." This is a sign that I need to stop, right? Sigh.

Alright, time to go to the Urban Decay website and drool over the new palettes before I have to start work. I hope everyone's having a great week so far :)

7 comments:

  1. I love both of those colors. I really like the combination of them together. Splash of Grenadine on the toes and Under My Trench Coat on the fingers? GREAT IDEA! haha. I don't own UMTC but I'm sure I can find something in my stash that will suffice. I love $OPI... I only have one. I need more. I want that one, and Call Your Mother, and pretty much all the other ones, too. Haha. =) Have a good day, have fun at your reunion, I will miss you while you're gone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I think we were reading/ commenting on each other's blogs at the same time!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you already bouthg make up in the middle of the night when you couldn't sleep? I have. I wonder if it's a sign of addiction.

    I'm glad to see you blogging today (with a polish that is totally in my style). It's weird, you get me used to your online presence. I launched a frog in the sky for you today. If you know what I mean. If you don't, wait and see. Hopefully it'll fall on your pretty blonde head if it doesn't get lost in the ocean. Talking about birthday, I can't believe it's mine in almost one month... Time flies.

    Anyway if we don't talk before you return, enjoy Apple Valley my Steph (what an irony not being able to use an Apple iPhone at Apple Valley)! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooove!! But then, I've never met a SOPI I didn't....

    It's so cute that you and your mom got manis together =). Nice choice of color too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any Model's Own polishes? I'm not sure if they sell them/ ship to America, but I'm really undecided about them at the moment and was wondering if you'd ever tried one out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. UMTC is so pretty and I've actually been lemming it, though I rarely purchase SOPI polishes. I'm on ahuge nude kick even though it's the middle of summer. And your mom's nails look great with Splash of Grenadine! Cute photo of your two hands together.
    I hope you have fun on your little getaway! My life has been busy lately too, I have to make myself sit down to blog and I just can never seem to have timeto do it.
    And my spacebar is fuckered, do be ignoring any run-togethers!
    Ever since I saw that new UD palette I have been DYING over it. I haven't indulged in a makeup purchase in forever, because obviously, I already have so much - but I'm going to be getting that. It's GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving both of them. SO nice. I only have one Essie.
    Oh and I'm having a brand new giveaway on my blog. I just started it yesterday.
    http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2010/06/enter-my-kiss-giveaway.html
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!